Turkey Reaping & Decoying- Unsafe? Irresponsible Danger? A Review…

Three years ago I penned my thoughts on Turkey Fanning, Turkey Reaping which has gained popularity by hunters and prominently shown on many Outdoor TV shows. The list includes some long-time veterans of the outdoor industry which I find surprising as most of those labeled with such a moniker have gotten there by being careful, conservative in their actions. Here’s a link to my original blog post: http://www.turkey-talk.com/tblog/?p=126

Back then I stepped up on one big soapbox and said my peace. No apologies, no retractions as my thoughts have not softened or changed much on the subject. I sure rattled a few cages and there was plenty of pushback and claims that I had no proof, no such foul play has ever occurred, totally safe, an elitist, and so on…             I’ll step back up again…

• Like 1

Well said  Mike, I couldn't agree more. I first heard of this being done by a former leader of the NWTF, I was amazed but at the same time I thought WTF, you're gonna get shot! I suppose on private property where you "know" you're the only one's out there it might be ok, but you and I both know that people trespass all the time so you may not be the only one out there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Well said  Mike, I couldn't agree more. I first heard of this being done by a former leader of the NWTF, I was amazed but at the same time I thought WTF, you're gonna get shot! I suppose on private property where you "know" you're the only one's out there it might be ok, but you and I both know that people trespass all the time so you may not be the only one out there.

Last time I checked, the NWTF has spoken out against it officially