New Bow

silent death

I use one with the stick bows all the time. I don't really care about speed but it shows consistency or lack of it on anchor and release. They are a useful tool. 

Yea I can see that with trad bows. Where my anchor changes a tad is in release. String near first joint of fingers changes angle and therefore distance slightly. Also as I expand i sometimes draw a touch more or less if my "grip" on string isn't consistent as id like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I only use a thumb trigger Stan because of the clean breaking trigger adjustment to have just enough travel. Otherwise it's not helping any.

I could never feel as consistent with a kisser. None of my bows have them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I 3D and hunt with a Stan SX3. I do want a Carter Insatiable after playing with one a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a $200 release I myself would have to see some big improvements with my grouping for that, but would if it did.

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

That's a $200 release I myself would have to see some big improvements with my grouping for that, but would if it did.

my thumb trigger releases are the Shootoff model that's very similar.  both i think have silk path sears.  trigger breaks like greased glass.  the quick crisp break helps a lot.  with many wrist strap or lower end releases the trigger sears are working for a longer period of time and you can feel it.  you just have to ignore it and ride it out until the arrow is on it's way.  most people don't realize it because to some extent they pluck at or punch the trigger.  others try to use back tension not correctly and end up pulling too hard.  causes fatigue and inconsistency.

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

I love my Halon but my next bow I think will be a little longer for balance 

i learned that a long time ago.  i prefer a bow over 32" axle to axle for hunting.  More comfortable and stable anchored at full draw.  I can still shoot a shortest bow well.  longer bows are just easier to do so.  My 3D bow is 39" and i wouldn't be reluctant to hunt with it.  just the opinion of a another guy on the internet.

48 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

my thumb trigger releases are the Shootoff model that's very similar.  both i think have silk path sears.  trigger breaks like greased glass.  the quick crisp break helps a lot.  with many wrist strap or lower end releases the trigger sears are working for a longer period of time and you can feel it.  you just have to ignore it and ride it out until the arrow is on it's way.  most people don't realize it because to some extent they pluck at or punch the trigger.  others try to use back tension not correctly and end up pulling too hard.  causes fatigue and inconsistency.

i learned that a long time ago.  i prefer a bow over 32" axle to axle for hunting.  More comfortable and stable anchored at full draw.  I can still shoot a shortest bow well.  longer bows are just easier to do so.  My 3D bow is 39" and i wouldn't be reluctant to hunt with it.  just the opinion of a another guy on the internet.

I'm a trigger puncher I've been told can't help it..

3 hours ago, sodfather said:

You can get one on AT classifieds for $120-$140 and if you dont like it, sell it in six months for $120-$140. Same with the Carters. I bought a couple Stan hinges to mess around with and ended up selling them both and made money. Not having that wrist strap on me while I hunt makes me so happy

• Like 2