Bresser 5 mega pixel game camera

I saw a Bresser 5 mega pixel game camera in WalMart several months ago that was listed for $50 . I had never heard of it and it didn't look very impressive . Saw it again a couple months ago for $30 . Last week I was looking for something on line on the WalMart . I happened to see the camera listed for under $20 with ship to store pickup so I ordered one .

It uses micro sd cards and 8 AA batteries . The pictures aren't too bad but they don't show date , time , temp , etc .. Just plain pictures . Glad it was only a $20 investment . 

Date and time are important so I don't know what I will use this camera for . https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bresser-5MP-Game-Camera/54265514

SUNP0002.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

You really only need day times...So if you know the angle of the Sun and how the shadows play out during hunting season then you have a good time references...it's not difficult to figure out nor see. Those are nice pics..what is the trigger distance? And shutter speed/ recovery?

That day pic looks pretty darn nice!

You could hang a calendar, a thermometer, and a coo-coo clock on a tree in front of it when you set it up and you'll be good to go.

Heck, while your at it throw up a wind vane, a barometer, and a yardstick to measure precipitation and you'll have the ultimate trail cam,lol

Just make sure you put it somewhere you can get to daily to cross off the date!

• Like 4

If you have trespasser problems or feel like you possibly could have some, put that cheap camera up in the area you'd expect them to come from. I use a old Moultrie camera that no longer works as a trespasser deterrent. While it may not work and take pics, just the sight of a camera will spook any trespasser. Even if they grabbed it and ran off I wouldn't be too upset since it doesn't function.
I set mine up near the road on the driveway going into the property with a no trespassing sign hanging next to it. At least it will give everyone the hint that your running cameras. I've also made it clear to neighbors that I have many cameras all over and "see all" haha. It works great, guy next door said another guy down the road used to walk the land during gun season and would ride his atv back there once and awhile but now that I am in there and running cameras he won't step foot in there as he doesn't want to get caught on my cameras.

10 hours ago, growalot said:

You really only need day times...So if you know the angle of the Sun and how the shadows play out during hunting season then you have a good time references...it's not difficult to figure out nor see. Those are nice pics..what is the trigger distance? And shutter speed/ recovery?

IR-Flash - 22 IR lights .......Response time - 1.2 seconds ........IR Flash range - 10 meters ( 33 feet ) 

It has a small screen in front on the bottom . When you turn the camera on it shows what is in front of it . It also supposedly lets you review what in on the card with up / down buttons which I havn't tried yet . It has a small hole in front where a lock could be placed to cable lock it to a tree but the side opening where the card is cannot be locked so I would want to put this up high . The IR Flash can be seen at night . But , what the heck , $20 ! ........ Maybe I will try all of Wooly's suggestions ! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...