Why I shop around..

Two different Agways...one 28.00 for a 55# bag of WW, 22.00 for a 50# of WR.... The other ...9.00 for 50# of WW and 12 for 50#'s of WR.....gee where should I go and not only get the seed but the fertilizers too.... Wont be in untill mid August plenty of time to finish prepping the plots....

You don't think this seed could be last year's seed or even older or in unfavorable storage conditions? Just curious.

Too good to be true it seems to me.. hope not for your sake. But if I am wrong.. i may follow your foot steps. I need some grain for a termination crop come spring

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

no  actually the expensive one was last years seed from the way he talked about it...the other less expensive is not due into the store until mid August... because the farmers plant in Sept...I'm happy about it because the reseeded turnips are doing poorly...They did poorly in that spot last year as well...I am going down to remove a few more trees and add a few more bags of lime...that was a new plot last year... So It will get the WR and the WW will go in the front field stripped between turnips that will go in this week. I sprayed the last 2 trail plots...they have a creeping plant the invaded them...They will get WR as well as the new upper lane way...  

LEG the price on the WW is a farmer run...That is in it comes directly from local farmers...so the seed isn't carefully sorted for weed seed ...This said, I planted that last year and I did not have any weed issues in the planting other than my usual , @%$#$&*! daisies and a couple of night shade that I have been fighting in that area for 10 years. Bagged farm seed has to go through a sorting proccess and I'm not sure on this but I think NYS verification before being bagged and sold as planting seed...I say this from two different issues in this general area where farmers were sold incorrect seed and there was a few news articles on it.

• Like 1

This year I bought from a farm supply shop near Oswego, bushel of WR for about 37$. In the past I would order 2 bags of Antler king at 50$ ea. They also have buckwheat, brassica, peas, forge soy, corn etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I plant common soft white winter wheat yearly for $8 for 50# bag. As long as it has not been put through a dryer to kill the germ, it will grow very well. Know to most of you, this doesn't mean to much, but I have harvested 58 bushel to the acre wheat with this seed/ 250# of 10-20-20.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

I plant common soft white winter wheat yearly for $8 for 50# bag. As long as it has not been put through a dryer to kill the germ, it will grow very well. Know to most of you, this doesn't mean to much, but I have harvested 58 bushel to the acre wheat with this seed/ 250# of 10-20-20.

what do you do with the harvested wheat? process it for flour? feed for animals? congrats on your yield.

• Like 1