Portable shower needed...

Needed something for the hunting cabin. We haul in drinking water, but hot showers are a rarity. NO MORE. I found a unit called the Big Kahuna. It comes in three sizes and includes a very good submersible pump. A heater unit is optional. I got the 13 gal size with the heater. The heater runs off 110v. but the pump is 12v. Plug it in to heat the water then unhook the heater and hook-up the pump to a 12v. supply (even works off a vehicle cig lighter type plug-in). It works great with AMPLE pressure and longevity. This thing really is the "bugs nuts"!!! Highly recommended.

• Like 3

I use something like this in the wall tent.  It works really good, simple bilge pump and propane heater.  Pump works with car bat.  12v   We use an extra bucket for more water and a plastic bin to catch the water.  

Nothing like a hot shower after chasing deer a few days!

ZODI Outback Gear Hot Tap HP Instant Shower

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

Needed something for the hunting cabin. We haul in drinking water, but hot showers are a rarity. NO MORE. I found a unit called the Big Kahuna. It comes in three sizes and includes a very good submersible pump. A heater unit is optional. I got the 13 gal size with the heater. The heater runs off 110v. but the pump is 12v. Plug it in to heat the water then unhook the heater and hook-up the pump to a 12v. supply (even works off a vehicle cig lighter type plug-in). It works great with AMPLE pressure and longevity. This thing really is the "bugs nuts"!!! Highly recommended.

so what utilities do you have at your hunting cabin?

I use something like this in the wall tent.  It works really good, simple bilge pump and propane heater.  Pump works with car bat.  12v   We use an extra bucket for more water and a plastic bin to catch the water.  
Nothing like a hot shower after chasing deer a few days!

41WL3dFKX%2BL._SX425_.jpg&key=f01fd60a5535e381d624400506cd90dd26c9a4e6a9bf58db9de636c072b821ba

We use that too, and it can get scary hot

We use this. 

https://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l5-portable-tankless-water-heater/

with an on demand 12v or 110 volt RV pump you have as much hot water as you can run through it. I've got a 275 gallon holding tank and a 20# propane hooked to it. About a 15 minute hot shower feels great after a day out in late season. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

so what utilities do you have at your hunting cabin?

Believe it or not, we have electricity but no running water. Back in the 60's, REA ran a power line (easement) right by the cabin (within 100 yards) to get across the hill. My Dad worked out a deal to get a pole and box put outside then we did the rest. Up until then is was all gas lanterns. 

Believe it or not, we have electricity but no running water. Back in the 60's, REA ran a power line (easement) right by the cabin (within 100 yards) to get across the hill. My Dad worked out a deal to get a pole and box put outside then we did the rest. Up until then is was all gas lanterns. 

Is get a big poly tank and some roof gutter. Presto. All the non potable you want. Lol
  • Like 1

That's our water supply: rain water to a couple of food grade drums. in the summer, I am happy to scrub up right at the barrel. In colder weather, I have a hot water system you heat on the stove, then pressurize like a spray bottle. It works well enough for how often it is used.