Interesting 30-06 @ Cabela's Last Night

Lawdwaz

That is not a bad looking gun, but the barrel looks to be about 3" too long.   Also, I would be a little scared of the "accidental discharge" issue on that make/model, from that era.   Remington is again putting out some very good quality guns these days however.  I am very impressed with the brand new Rem/Marlin 336 BL lever action that I just picked up.  I can't find a flaw in the fit/finish, it shoots good, loads and cycles quickly, and the barrel is short enough to carry easily thru the bush.   

if i remember correctly remington didnt offer different grades of the BDL but offered  the adl which was a lower grade of the model 700 was a plain rifle . winchester offered the model 70 in different grades like the safari grade and such but not remington if im wrong please correct me but dont shoot me lol

15 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

if i remember correctly remington didnt offer different grades of the BDL but offered  the adl which was a lower grade of the model 700 was a plain rifle . winchester offered the model 70 in different grades like the safari grade and such but not remington if im wrong please correct me but dont shoot me lol

Right or wrong I wouldn't shoot you..................

Maybe not different BDL/ADL configurations but many different 700 rifles have been produced.  Typically though; BDL, CDL and SPS had hinged floorplates.  ADL has/had a blind magazine.

• Like 1