i'm a little confused

tommyc50

hi, i was at a funeral for my friends dad [ wow what a sportsman he was lake ontario for salmon, hunting in colorado for mule deer and montana for antelope]well i told him im really syked i got a doe tag so technically i could get 4 deer cause have my archery tags and i could get a buck with my regular licence well he said no i need the muzzleloader tag to get the either sex with the bow or a antlered deer so you are my go to guys for this i looked on my licence and i dont have a muzzleloader tag.do i need that for archery too thank you

10 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

i told him im really syked i got a doe tag so technically i could get 4 deer cause have my archery tags and i could get a buck with my regular licence well he said no i need the muzzleloader tag to get the either sex with the bow or a antlered deer so you are my go to guys for this i looked on my licence and i dont have a muzzleloader tag.do i need that for archery too thank you

1- regular season tag  (antlered tag during regular season or either sex during late season)

1- Either sex tag with your first purchased special privilege (bow) This tag can be filled with either special privilege in their legal season

1- Antlerless only tag with your second purchased special privilege (Muzzleloader) This tag can be filled with either special privilege in their legal season

2- Possibility of up to 2 Antlerless tags during the first application process (deadline October 1st)

2- Possibility  of up to 2 Antlerless tags during the left over unit application process (Available November 1st)

2- Maximum of 2 Antlerless permits signed over to you from another hunter. 

This is for the general state. I have no idea how the crazy NY city area rules work. It also doesn't consider any special bonus areas in the state. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

hi, i was at a funeral for my friends dad [ wow what a sportsman he was lake ontario for salmon, hunting in colorado for mule deer and montana for antelope]well i told him im really syked i got a doe tag so technically i could get 4 deer cause have my archery tags and i could get a buck with my regular licence well he said no i need the muzzleloader tag to get the either sex with the bow or a antlered deer so you are my go to guys for this i looked on my licence and i dont have a muzzleloader tag.do i need that for archery too thank you

The tag that is an anterless tag allows you to take an anterless deer during Bow or Muzzleloader. The either sex tag can be used in Bow or Muzzleloader season to take either sex of deer.

thank you i understand i need the muzzleloader tag too i went on the D.E.C.website but  like i said was a little confused. well i my friends been bugging me to get a muzzleloader. i had one years ago and i posted about it on here well things have changed since 1990. when i was shooting muzzleloaders it was sidelocks #11 primer 90 grains of ffg black powder a .90 ball and a .10 patch and the thing goes boom.

14 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

thank you i understand i need the muzzleloader tag too i went on the D.E.C.website but  like i said was a little confused. well i my friends been bugging me to get a muzzleloader. i had one years ago and i posted about it on here well things have changed since 1990. when i was shooting muzzleloaders it was sidelocks #11 primer 90 grains of ffg black powder a .90 ball and a .10 patch and the thing goes boom.

You don't have to have a ML to take advantage of that tag. You can buy the license and use the tag with your bow if you wish. I know several guys that do this and only bow hunt. 

• Like 1