Toxic broadhead

Taylormike

Hey everyone, I'm a muzzy guy, I've been hunting them for 20 years and love them.  However, I've got to admit the Toxic broadheads look devastating.  These particularly interest me because they're fixed heads.  I do not like mechanicals.  If anyone has any insight or stories on the Toxic please share, the good and the bad. 

6 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I've been curious about them ever since I first saw them. Some how I always forget to pick up some anytime I go to the bow shop. If ya try them out before I get to, let us know how it goes!

Looks like you and I are the only ones, lol.  They must not be too popular.

Never ran them but look like they could do some damage and catch a lot of air. Too bizarre looking for me to try, guess I'm a plain jane BH kind of guy. I only shoot fixed after having an expandable actually bounce off a deer on a quartering away shot. I would rather shoot a BH that allows for shots other than perfect.

• Like 1

Haven't tried them yet but going too. The videos online are too convincing. Can't believe how fast the milk jug empties. Plus the video of the guy shooting through a steel folding chair twice and the blade is still not messed up. As for the air I think the round shape prevents that kinda like the circular vanes I have seen before. I still love my Magnus stingers. Mechanicals too unreliable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like broadheads that don't fly like my field points.  Many people bad-mouth mechanicals (often with good reason) but mine fly great.  I never had any luck getting a fixed blade head to fly true.  Part of it is that I shoot fingers.  To each his own, but I'd rather shoot an accurate mechanical than an inconsistent cut on contact.

4 hours ago, jpastor1759 said:

Haven't tried them yet but going too. The videos online are too convincing. Can't believe how fast the milk jug empties. Plus the video of the guy shooting through a steel folding chair twice and the blade is still not messed up. As for the air I think the round shape prevents that kinda like the circular vanes I have seen before. I still love my Magnus stingers. Mechanicals too unreliable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not one to bad mouth products and companies but this is one I do not mind doing so simply because of what I have witnessed. I quoted you because you said you saw the video that showed a steel chair and the blades staying in good shape, I can assure you this is not the case in a non controlled environment. My buddy missed a doe while hunting with me 3 times ( face palm), three arrows went right into swamp dirt, no rocks just mud and all three heads had at least two of those cookie cutter shaped blades bent out of shape. They also shot 4 inches left to his field points at 20 yards but he insisted on using them. Another friend tried them and shot a doe at 32 yards only to get 6 inches of penetration. He shoots a 29 inch draw at 70 pounds. He eventually found his doe but was not impressed at all with penetration or blood. I would not bother with them. You don't like mechanicals stick with your standard 2 and 3 blade fixed heads they are proven and just about fool proof if you are properly tuned.

10 hours ago, Taylormike said:

Really luv racks, that's a shame. Do you know where you hit him?

HAh, funny u ask, I have a nice 10 pointer on cam this year and im almost certain its him. . . there is a scar on his left shoulder , right on the bone, and then looks like it exits top center of his back . . . lemme check the pictures I posted in the trail cam section and see if I can blow it up and show you

• Like 1

update on the toxic, after taking my bow to a highly recommended bow shop, we realized my arrows were not cut to the right length for my draw weight and length, for the spine I was using. Anyways we did a quick paper tune, and after that I shot some toxic this weekend. They were dead on to my field points, where last year they were 3 inches left at 20! I'm going to give them another shot this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

update on the toxic, after taking my bow to a highly recommended bow shop, we realized my arrows were not cut to the right length for my draw weight and length, for the spine I was using. Anyways we did a quick paper tune, and after that I shot some toxic this weekend. They were dead on to my field points, where last year they were 3 inches left at 20! I'm going to give them another shot this year.

Let us know how they do when you shoot that nice buck.