Low pound arrow reccomendations?

TurtleFace

Can't help w/arrow selection, but it is very cool you & GF are shooting together!!!!

Know you're talking about practicing, but you did post in a Bow Hunting topic...

Just in case you didn't know - Per DEC's regs/rules:

"It is unlawful to hunt big game with:

• A bow with a draw weight of 35 lbs or less."
Edited by nyslowhand

We are talking about a recurve I believe.  500s will be very stiff.  600s with heavy heads full length may work, but you are probably going to need 300g heads and it will be slow with a big drop beyond 20yds. 

My daughter has east jazz arrows for a similar weight.  I think they are 1079 spine with 75g heads.  If she doesn't plan to shoot past 20, the 600s with heavy heads will work.  Otherwise, the Easton Jazz (1616 or 1716 maybe even 1816 with heavier heads) are a good option, but they are target arrows only.

https://eastonarchery.com/target/xx75-jazz/

Edited by moog5050

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

We are talking about a recurve I believe.  500s will be very stiff.  600s with heavy heads full length may work, but you are probably going to need 300g heads and it will be slow with a big drop beyond 20yds. 

My daughter has east jazz arrows for a similar weight.  I think they are 1079 spine with 75g heads.  If she doesn't plan to shoot past 20, the 600s with heavy heads will work.  Otherwise, the Easton Jazz (1616 or 1716 maybe even 1816 with heavier heads) are a good option, but they are target arrows only.

https://eastonarchery.com/target/xx75-jazz/

I didn't even pay that much attention to see it was recurve, good catch.