Upcoming Turkey Season

hchunters

I still have a question about whether an arrow doesn't stuff feathers and crap in a nice little trail through the breast meat. Years ago, I was talking to a guy that quit bowhunting turkeys because of that problem. I guess I can easily imagine that being a problem. Anybody else ever notice that kind of meat damage?

I don't even own a shotgun anymore so I don't have much choice.

Have killed a hen and a jake with archery tackle durring our fall seasons but never a longbeard in the spring with my bow yet. Maybe this year. Good luck to ya!

I'll being trying with the recurve exclusively again this year... I have had many good Tom's close, but without a good shot opportunity... still looking for my first with the recurve. Doc, I have eaten quite a few bow killed birds and haven't noticed that problem, maybe it has something to do wthe the type of broadhead used... I would think most sharp broadheads would clean cut the feather before entering the breast... not sure though.

yep cedar with feathers... I just went to those a couple years ago though.. before that I shot Terminators... the wooden arrows shoot just as well... not as durable for practice though... so I only shoot a couple arrows at a time when practicing so I don't bust up a lot of arrows fom hitting one another in the target.

I'm going to go with the bow again, I work in an Archery only area so its easy for me to walk out back and make a few calls. Last year I had some answer but I am sure they busted me moving around the tree, no blind for me, don't own one. I may try it around home too, I have been wanting to get one with the bow.