Vegas Shooting

5 hours ago, Papist said:

Word on the street is that Marilou Danley  has ties to the mid-east. She has been arrested and was not overseas as initially reported .

DLJ11eyV4AABXi-.jpg

Papist, you do realize that that news station is owned by ABC, yeah, the same ABC of the "main stream media" you dislike so much. It has no affiliation to the actual FOX News. I guess your word on the street is from the left. LOL. Funny how I haven't seen you post one word about thoughts or prayers to the victims or their family and friends. Not even some respect for the fine people both professional and civilian who put their lives on the line to help try and save people. I might have missed, it, but I doubt it.

I really wanted to stay out of the bickering until tomorrow. But I just couldn't resist pointing out that Papist himself is ( again ) relying on the word of a lefty owned news network.

Edited by ....rob

19 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Modifying a semi-auto to shoot full auto is something I could do without instructions in about 30 minutes in my garage. Modifying a semi-auto to "selective fire" is another story altogether.

I did it to a couple of different guns many, many years ago just to prove to myself that it wasn't difficult at all. After shooting the heck out of a toilet and a bathtub in a junkyard I immediately converted them back. No sense in destroying perfectly decent guns.

5 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I did it to a couple of different guns many, many years ago just to prove to myself that it wasn't difficult at all. After shooting the heck out of a toilet and a bathtub in a junkyard I immediately converted them back. No sense in destroying perfectly decent guns.

Unless you want to take out 500+ people in 10 minutes. We are talking about a different mindset here.

52 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

Unless you want to take out 500+ people in 10 minutes. We are talking about a different mindset here.

Taking away the weapon won't change the mindset. This guy apparently owned a couple of airplanes. Why didn't he use those to create havoc? He could have easily killed thousands with a suicide mission using one of his airplanes.

He used guns for a reason, and we don't know that reason. It's likely we will never hear about the reason even if it becomes known to the authorities. His brother has said that this guy had no particular religious or political beliefs. Really? I've never met a 64 year old man of means who didn't hold ANY religious or political beliefs. There was something in his head that caused him to use guns.

• 4 months later...