Fiber Optic Pins

eagle rider

Is it possible for pins to become dimmer or is it my eyes.  I cam see the red pin, the green not so much......  Pins on the sight appear to the .019 size.  That seems to be about average.  Any ideas? It's an Archer Xtreme Headhunter 5 pin sight that I like a lot.  I would just like it better if I can see my top pin!!!!  This was not a problem last season.  

7 minutes ago, eagle rider said:

So it doesn't make sense that red would be brighter than green unless the green stand was damaged.  Are they a bitch to change?  Do they loose their light transmission capability over time?

I have changed a few mostly to change pin size.  It wasn't difficult but I don't know that sight.   I don't know if they lose light transmission over time without being damaged but I highly doubt it.   Green has been the brightest on every sight I have ever owned. 

• Like 1

Go to .29's they are much better in my opinion. There is absolutely no reason for tiny pins in hunting situations. Of HHA would make a pin that was .39 I would use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeeese .39.....that would be like looking at a bowling ball thru a peep....... .29 is huge and covers a ton if the intended target/animal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jeeeese .39.....that would be like looking at a bowling ball thru a peep....... .29 is huge and covers a ton if the intended target/animal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It only covers the part you aren't aiming at. I shot a tritlium pin that was .39 and I loved it but the tritlium burnt out and no longer glowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to .19 a couple years ago and love the tiny pin. I doubt these would reduce light gathering meaningfully. It's probably broken somewhere.

My housing has a battery operated light I can use to put light into them but of course it's long since fallen off.