New York Pistol Permit Question..

3 hours ago, rabbithunter said:

Okay so I just obtained my nys pistol permit unrestricted license & I was looking at the gun laws map and it’s saying some states honor the nys permit. So does that mean I can also conceal carry in those states too with my ny pistol permit? 

There are states that honor it. Make sure the map is right and that any of their state restrictions are followed. It's well worth the homework before driving across the state line.  All that said, if you are staying on the ground for transportation you can only enjoy NY and VT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you still have to abide by there gun laws. Including restricted areas. Read up on interstate gun travel. Locked and separate containers and you can only make stops for gas and food while traveling through states your not authorized to carry in. Go get your pa permit, show your ny 20 mins and $20 you’ll have more states.

• Like 3

Also check out CCW app its around 2 bucks but has tons of info and is always updating. It also helps you keep track of all your permits and where you can and cannot carry. I highly recommend it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Attached is the app I use. Its the same deal in IOSa44d7007c123e3826756179ae7bc6435.jpg

• Thanks 1

I barely carry in NY cause of all the restrictions.  I would be afraid to carry out of state and be wrong anywhere. 

I went and got my permit but almost don't find it worth it.  I have just the one pistol for that reason.  

When I do take it I'm more worried about doing everything right than having the satisfaction of having it with me most of the time.