Looking into new single pin sight-opinions?

nybuckboy

To each their own!! I just don't see the advantage of having a single pin, adjustable sight vs a multi pin fixed sight. Just me, but last thing I want to be doing during the "moment of truth" is making a lot of unnecessary movements using a rangefinder, adjusting my sights, ect. My be why I'm not into all the latest 'n' greatest tech gadgets or marketing gizmos. My 2¢ ... whatever gives you more confidence!

9 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

To each their own!! I just don't see the advantage of having a single pin, adjustable sight vs a multi pin fixed sight. Just me, but last thing I want to be doing during the "moment of truth" is making a lot of unnecessary movements using a rangefinder, adjusting my sights, ect. My be why I'm not into all the latest 'n' greatest tech gadgets or marketing gizmos. My 2¢ ... whatever gives you more confidence!

mine is adjustable and graduated out to 60 yards. With the speed of my bow It basically stays put at the 25 yard setting. Pretty much point and shoot out to 30 except for the shots inside 5 yards and all sights have that hiccup. When Mine comes in handy is for those stands on the field edges. furthest I have taken a deer was 48 and it was feeding in the field. Plenty of time to range, adjust to the EXACT setting and no hold hold over or under needed.  Like I said, mine doesn't get moved much but when I do there is plenty of time to adjust. 

I shoot the HHA 5519. If I were to buy it again, I would go with the .10 fiber optic.   the .19 is too big for everything past 40 yds for me... If brightness is a concern, just turn on the light.  I was considering the new Apex Gear Covert Pro or the Tru Glo version.  Only a few dollars more...  Didn't take the plunge because I'm not sure if I want to rely on a illuminated sight, and might be buying a new bow.  Check those out too.  No pin in the way at all, just a dot.  Single pin is the way to go.  Pin confusion is too much to worry about.  You'll get used to ranging and adjusting the pin.

Edited by vcollaco

Mine wont be used the way it was intended. Ill probably set it 2 in high at 10 yrds. Then im good out to 25. Aim center mass for 30. Not going to shoot anything past that. As long as my arrows stay in a 6 in circle im good. Killed a deer just about every yr this way. Not broken so not going to change it.