jerky in my masterbuilt smoker

tommyc50

i made jerky in my masterbuilt smoker i got for christmas. I love this thing.This might be long winded so bear with me guys. First i opened the box and the thing was packaged with 100 yds of tape.Then i get the instructions .Which are vague and in english, spanish and french  and confusing [ i got flash backs putting my kids toys together @ christmas]. Well my daughter gave me high mountain jerky kit for my birthday awhile ago.SO i followed the directions with that  and marinaded it overnite. Well  i got the smoker going as best as i could i didnt know i had to season the thing. It was a learning process i found out that the remote it comes with is useless; I was playing with it and it overrode the program that i set on the controls on the unit it shut it off and i went to check it and it was off. Thank god for youtube. i learned alot more from that than from their website which sucked .But i loaded the smoker with the jerky and set it @  174 degs and 6 hrs . I got no smoke back to youtube i didnt know when i added the wood chips[ i used pecan cause thats what i had] i had to twist the wood chip holder to load it in the pan. well it was a learning process and i still have to twiq this. Play with the heat to get more smoke.Well its fun to learn . The jerky came out AWESOME!!!! , sorry about the grammar guys .But give me a break i  graduated high school in '78 lol

• Like 9