Recommended Mouth Calls

Five Seasons

Agreed, but everyone's mouth is a little different. Some have smaller profiles in the roof area and an off the shelf call needs trimming to fit the contour and form a air seal for best results. Others have big mouths. Opps, did I say that, you know what I mean!! In the end - trim as necessary, a little at a time.

• Like 2

Here's a few that'll be in my vest from last year. Couple Zinke and a will primos. I cut the primos and might cut the others but I don't know. It'd only be for more control. They still seal but fit could be better to stay put and be in a better position.
b8be1a5de4fc1acccbfd2da3ffc45534.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here's my pouch that came with vest and another one that I got. Both allow air flow. Pouch would hold one or ones I'm using that day the birds preferred and is tethered to vest. Easier to get in and out of on the go.84eefc6add45763c36b67aae1a2b798f.jpg&key=6d596b159e06ebd7794e55377dda1467fe1b40281b33a1bdacc5b0d9a0cd2fa9bcf465213f1222e3b4ab8160d24787b9.jpg&key=9edf350f60170f99cd4e72db39eec7f5e80ae60749565afe057054a843780c21

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

i've found many birds will clam up if you call too much. whether they're getting educated or simply tired of answering a hens that oddly aren't moving and coming to them idk. probably both. often though i've switched calls, diaphragms included, and had a long beard suddenly commit like there was no other option. sometimes it's just how your calling and cadence more than the call.  i don't think i'm a great turkey hunter but i think success comes more often when you have options. especially when the private or public land birds are exposed to lots of hunters after them.

• Like 1