New Black Widow is

moog5050

On 3/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, fasteddie said:

That is darned good for that distance ! :drinks: There are a lot of archers that can't do that with a compound ! 

What he doesn't tell you is it is across his basement and it is like an obstacle course down there at that distance. Make sure the limbs will clear the joists, post on the right, over the weight bench  , don't hit the lights, and his work benches in the background. It's a damned great feat just gettign an arrow to the target to say nothing about a group like that...lol

Seriously though Brian, Darn good shooting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

What he doesn't tell you is it is across his basement and it is like an obstacle course down there at that distance. Make sure the limbs will clear the joists, post on the right, over the weight bench  , don't hit the lights, and his work benches in the background. It's a damned great feat just gettign an arrow to the target to say nothing about a group like that...lol

Seriously though Brian, Darn good shooting. 

Lol.  I ignore that other stuff and am short enough not to worry about rafters like you!

Doewhacker asked about tuning, this is an example of tuning an arrow to bow just by cutting.   My tune (shown above) is full length 340s and 300g heads.  This top group is 400s with 300g heads but cut 2” shorter bottom are still 340s. The 400s end up a bit lighte too due to weaker spine and cutting.  But same bow, arrow type, and head weight.  Only difference is 400 vs 340 and 2” cut off. They will both work.  

682CFE4F-12C3-4E7C-B822-D23B87A74BD4.jpeg

Or for my Border, same exact arrows red and yellow but yellow 2.5” shorter with 110g more headweight.  Both shoot well.  The red will shoot a bit flatter being 100g lighter.  It’s an example of how different arrow configurations can tune to the same bow.  Just takes trial and error and some experience to understand what adjustments to make.  

5BA83145-3E15-41D9-941D-8346F433BBB6.jpeg

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I shoot daily and leave them strung.  But strings will stretch a bit and then settle.  Keep track of the BH.  If the string is older and stretching after being steady at a certain BH, its time for a new string DB.  I would not worry about leaving a bow strung.  They can stay strung decades without ill effects.

Not an old string. It's a new one Bear Archery sent me.  it settles after shooting a little bit right after being unstrung. i kept track of brace height which is how i noticed.  sounds like i'll just leave it strung from now on. i was warying of doing so because the last one delaminated. Bear Archery said it was a fluke though and sent me a new bow at the time, which is the same bow i'm still using now. once i need a string i'll just PM steve.

last i left my tuning i was adding more Goldtip weights screwed in behind the inserts.  i wanted to use 100gr heads and the GT traditional 400 arrows i already have.

Edited by dbHunterNY

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Not an old string. It's a new one Bear Archery sent me.  it settles after shooting a little bit right after being unstrung. i kept track of brace height which is how i noticed.  sounds like i'll just leave it strung from now on. i was warying of doing so because the last one delaminated. Bear Archery said it was a fluke though and sent me a new bow at the time, which is the same bow i'm still using now. once i need a string i'll just PM steve.

last i left my tuning i was adding more Goldtip weights screwed in behind the inserts.  i wanted to use 100gr heads and the GT traditional 400 arrows i already have.

100g heads blasphemy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1