Hornady refuses to sell ammo to NY agencies

Didn't see this posted, delete if a duplicate....

Ammunition giant Hornady is cutting off government buyers in New York over an order by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to financial services companies regarding gun politics.

Steve Hornady, the company’s president of manufacturing, announced on social media on Friday that the ammo maker will halt sales of their products to Cuomo’s state government or agencies in the Empire State. The move comes after an order directed by Cuomo earlier last month that cautioned banks, insurance companies and lenders against involvement with the National Rifle Association and similar organizations. Slamming the Governor’s move as one of the most “despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state,” Hornady closed the doors to the state.

“While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies,” Hornady said. “Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that.”

http://www.guns.com/2018/04/30/hornady-refuses-to-sell-ammo-to-ny-agencies-after-cuomo-gun-initiative/

• Like 8

10 hours ago, philoshop said:

I call it "Boomerang Karma". Screw with the manufacturers of firearms and ammo at your own risk. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of NYS LE use Hornady ammo...

As per the article:

Hornady is one of the premier ammunition suppliers to law enforcement in the country. The company recently was awarded a $19 million contract to provide a new generation of 9mm duty rounds to the FBI.

We need to vote Andy out.

8 minutes ago, TACC said:

I agree with you, but there are too many liberals in the city to compensate for the lack of conservative voters in the sticks.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I keep saying the same thing also. It's not just NYC and downstate, it's all the major cities. Albany, Utica, Rochester, Syracuse, and Buffalo.