New Hunting Arrows

dbHunterNY

Been shooting bloodsport hunter 300 arrows and don't like how they fly despite tuning well. I also want to turn down my bow.

Well tonight at Wal-Mart I picked up some Bloodsport Punisher 350 arrows that were somehow on super clearance but not marked. I got a pile of them at $1.50 an arrow. Can't see in pic but they come with brass inserts. I'll be tuning them soon. Hopefully before the weekend.e157657351572d2b3ec06344ad11f0dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

i don't intend on using them to pound X rings in competition at distance. for hunting ranges they should work well. others that didn't fly to my liking were on the stiff side with a light front of center. these have a more FOC and i'm shooting mechanicals with the bow they're going on. those things help a 0.006" tolerance arrow fly better i think.  all coming off the same mfg line with all the rest.  this was more Walmart off loading out of season product than anything.  as usual, i'll check squareness and spin test to pick some winners of the group first.

I had quite a few buddy’s buy  the Walmart arrows, they would bring them to me and I would spin them. We actually got quite  a few that would spine true. Then spend a little time  nock tuning to bring in the the good flyers.. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Just for the hell of it ,did you throw some weight on the front of the old arrows to see if they grouped better?

i did play around a little with different field tip weights and they flew a little better but barely. even then i'd have to add screw in weight behind the inserts to continue using my 100 gr broadhead selection. i think if i ever decided to lower the poundage to 60lbs they wouldn't tune well. i've gotten plenty other arrows to fly better easier than these. we'll see what these new $1.50 arrows do. Probably won't be able to keep my bow close to max poundage but i don't care. i don't need that kind of energy to kill deer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 10:26 PM, dbHunterNY said:

Been shooting bloodsport hunter 300 arrows and don't like how they fly despite tuning well. I also want to turn down my bow.

Well tonight at Wal-Mart I picked up some Bloodsport Punisher 350 arrows that were somehow on super clearance but not marked. I got a pile of them at $1.50 an arrow. Can't see in pic but they come with brass inserts. I'll be tuning them soon. Hopefully before the weekend.e157657351572d2b3ec06344ad11f0dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had a similar thing,.... CE Mayhem arrows at Wally's....  .97 and arrow.  Bought all three dozen they had left.