How did you do???

Doc

So, how did you guys make out this year? I read that the state turkey harvest this year was down a bit.

I didn't get out this year. Springtime I am all tied up with work around the property ...... bigtime.

But I was curious how the rest of you made out.

Doc

My first time turkey hunting this spring I called two birds in on seperate occasions.

First time the bird was close...maybe 40 yards or so...behind a lot of brush...i was nervous to take the shot since I did not have a very clear shot.  In hindsight I probably should have taken the shot because this was the only day I had any chance.

Second time I called a bird in ever closer...about 30 yards.  I didn't even realize he was there because he came in silently and did not call to me at all.  I turned my head from left to right and then next thing I hear some cackling and see the bird flying off.  A very dissapointing sight!

Beginnger blues I guess...but none the less it was a hell of a time.  I would really like to go with someone who knows what they are doing so I could pick up some tricks and what not.

• 1 month later...