How old?

Was wondering what are the oldest trail cameras  that are still being used my members.i have a trail timer that uses a camera attachment that is 24 years old . It uses a solenoid to depress a button on a pocket 35 mm owl camera. 

My next oldest is a 1 gen cuddieback that has had a software upgrade that uses a large flash card.  

I have a few other caddies that are 5 to 7 years  old that work though it seems they re more sporadic every year.

• Like 1

I leave most all mine out 365 days a year, I think my oldest is only 8 years old . If I get three years out of a 100-150 dollar camera I'm happy. I will say they have evolved leaps and bounds over the past ten or so years I think .

I turn my cams over too often to let them age beyond a year or two. I actually think cams are lasting longer now. My personal return rate in the past two years has been the lowest it’s ever been and I’ve had more cams in my fleet than ever before. I believe I’ve sent back 5 in two years. Probably cycled through 100 personal cams in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Moultrie in 2012 that I gave away but that's reportedly still taking pictures. It did sit on a shelf for about a year though so I wouldn't say it's been operating for six years. I prefer homebrews because their still photos are better, I can fix them and they last longer than most commercial cameras, but the newer Browning cameras produce beautiful videos so I bought some.

• Like 1

I have (3) 35mm Stealth cams that functioned a few years back. Havent put them in the woods for at least 10 years now. Stumbled across some pictures i had from them from over a decade ago. I remember the excitement and anticipation waiting on the 1hr photo center to get them developed.  then to have only half turn out right lol. I would have to say those cams are probably 15-17 years old. Would be neat to run them again, but what an inconvenience they are.  

I also still have one of the first, if not thee first Stealth cam Digital 1.3 MP cam. Has about a 10 second trigger speed on it, Runs on "C" batteries I believe. This cam still works. I actually threw it back in the field 3 years ago for chits and grins lol  I didn't leave i tout for long since it runs through batteries in a matter of  2-3 weeks. 

PIC_0013.JPG

PIC_0015.JPG

• Like 1