Wasp Broadheads

eagle rider

7 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

been using wasp jackhammers for 4 season now with no complaints, even gut shot a 5 point that still went down within eyesight. they are the only expandable that I ever used so I don't have anything to compare them to but they have served me well so far

Thanks was thinking about trying the same head you are shooting.  I'm guessing the O ring isn't an issue at all?  Anything I need to do to keep it from drying out?  And they do fly just like field points?

32 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

haven't had any issues with o rings at all. never dried out and blades have always deployed on contact. and yes they do fly like field points. the deer I gut shot was 100 percent on me rushing the shot

Thanks I am stoked about trying them.  So much of what we buy for bowhunting is made in China stuff.  Nice to see these are made in Connecticut still on the same machines they've been using to make broadheads for nearly 1/2 a century.  Kind of cool.  Lost a bog deer on a mis hit on a Rage last year.  Took a respectable 9 with a G5.  Just want to get to a forward deploying head again.  They just seem built better.  Tougher.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on vacation when you posted this.  I have shot Jak-Hammers for 15 years or so.  They fly like field points.  They are rugged.  They are sharp.  I haven't found any reason to switch.  

I shot a buck that was quartering away and shattered the far shoulder into little pieces.  

I shot a buck that was slowly walking past.  The broadhead hit the far leg, broke it and I still got a pass through.  

I'm sold on them.

• Like 1

Never tried them, but I won't use front opening broad heads ever again. IMO there is just not enough blood trail on the entry wound, which matters if you don't double lung it. I know lots of people disagree with that, though.

Edited by Core