Late Summer Food Plots- Insert Moisture

3 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

We have fields of soybeans around that will be left. Never hardened up.  They didn't germinate because of the drought; then came up after the July 22nd rain. Deer are hitting them hard.

Even after frost your deer are eating pods that didnt mature? Mine didnt mature one year from planting the wrong group at the wrong time. Deer never touched them. walk right through and not stop. Pods were black in color as well. Maybe a couple weeks from being fully matured. 

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

wow that is late in the season move - cold weather and good eats-- ought to have deer packed in there!  

Hope so, the deer across the street hammer harvested soybean fields. My neighbor thinks i wasted good time and good greenery by fencing them, cause he doesnt believe thyell eat them. I beg to differ, hope these deer pound them. If not, i have an acre of bulbs and a 20 acre cut corn field to hunt. 

16 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Even after frost your deer are eating pods that didnt mature? Mine didnt mature one year from planting the wrong group at the wrong time. Deer never touched them. walk right through and not stop. Pods were black in color as well. Maybe a couple weeks from being fully matured. 

They have plenty of seed in the pods, lower on the plant. Non mature higher on the plant. Combines couldn't run the grain through. Seed was soft like a peas.  I really don't want to see another year like this one was.

1 hour ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

They have plenty of seed in the pods, lower on the plant. Non mature higher on the plant. Combines couldn't run the grain through. Seed was soft like a peas.  I really don't want to see another year like this one was.

Did the pods turn black on you? Mine were loaded with pods and seeds. That year i planted RWWS  group 4-5 beans. tons of pods. Planted june 20th that year. a few weeks too late, frost got them in late October that year, real close to being matured.  And deer never touched the pods.