HAS ANYONE JOINED OR RE JOINED PHEASANT RUN THIS YEAR ?

HI. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE NEW HAS JOINED OR ANY OLD MEMBERS HAVE REJOINED PHEASANT RUN SPORTSMAN CLUB.  THE OWNER HAS BEEN CALLING ME FOR DUES AND PROMISING THE SUN. AND AFTER LAST YEARS DIASTER OF A YEAR WAS WONDERING IF ANYTHING NEW WAS GOING ON WITH THE CLUB. THANKS  JT....

Johnathan, I was hoping to join, but have not yet, I only rabbit hunt on the club, and money is tight and not sure what will happen. I only went out to the club 2x last season to rabbit hunt for one reason or another, so not sure as of yet. Did you rejoin yet? It is ashame all of the horror stories last season, hope things are better this season.

I wont be joining again. I was once very happy there but the last couple of years it went down hill. Owner just wants as many members as he can get and does nothing to improve hunting. Could not get one day out there last year there was always a crowd or a problem. To many members not enough land.

mm

• 2 weeks later...

i am not rejoining what so ever... Bob came and picked up his placard. i guess time are hard to buy  a new one?

all the members i know from last year who have been with the club for 10 years are not rejoining and a few new members from last year are not rejoining...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was contacted by someone on here to Join the club. I wasn't to thrilled about the setup. I was told that after you join you have to call and let them know when you are coming to hunt. I don't like that policy. If I join a hunting club (which I already did) I want to be able to come and go as I please without announcing myself. WIth that being said, there should never be an issue with room in a club lodge or on the property. The club should have a certain amount of members and thats it. None the less, the club and properties sounded very appealing but it just didn't seem right for me or what I was looking for. After reading these posts, I'm thrilled I didn't join.

• 2 weeks later...

Club is a joke. Was sold on it by Bob a few years ago with promises of HUGE food plots and hundreds of acres of land. He has some property behind his "club" house which he lets his son live in for free from your dues and won't give you a key to or allow access unless he is there. The property is then leased to a ATV club and they are constantly using it, when confronted bob said it was to raise money for the club. He then has 2 other pieces that are small, one about 5 acres and one about 50. The deer hunting ends on the 50 acre one on Nov. 1st because he starts stocking birds in there and you have about a half hr to sit in your stand before bird hunters come in. ( perfect for the rut ) This one is across some train tracks on hubbard rd ( he loves to show ppl. it ) The other piece is pathetic and you have about 100 yards along a sod field to share. He sold us after driving us around talking a big game showing us property that after we hunted one day were thrown off by DEC because he DOES NOT have the right to use it. He then said he never told us he had it and that to fix the problem he would give us a "special" new spot.. again drove to a farm where he jumped out of the car quick, told us to wait while he talked to the farmer. He then comes back and says we will have it in a week but need more money. Went back without him and asked the farmer myself and she said he owes her money and will never have the property. This happened on 3 occasions with him all the same result, lies lies lies and all the landowners we talked to said the same thing, that he either owes them money or that they just won't lease to him. Even had a club member have a GUN PULLED ON THEM for trespassing in someones yard opening morning because Bob posted it and claimed it was his. There is NO property in illinois or canada like he says and his upstate property consisted of a house with no land, and apple field surrounded on all sided by a gun club ( about 100yrds by 50 ) and a huge sod field with houses within 10 feet on all sides.

This guy is a scam artist trust me. All he does is drink and talk up a storm and drop names , Just listening to him talk about how everyone from the mayor to the district attorney owes him favors and help club members makes me sick.

HE EVEN ASKED SOMEONE IN THE CLUB FOR PICTURES OF A DEER SHOT SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BRING TO THE SPORTSMAN SHOW TO PROMOTE THE PROPERTY !!

I'm finally glad other people are starting to see what that club is really about. what kind of hunting club posts on craigslist looking for members telling all lies.the club must be in a dire straights to do that.i was a member as well for 5 years. everything the above mentioned post is 100% true. hunters be leary of joining that club. tks

• Like 1

THIS CLUB IS GREAT IF:

-YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO A GOOD LINE OF BULLSHIT FROM A DRUNKEN MORON :bye::drinks:

-YOU LIKE TO PISS MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN

-"HUNT BY THE RADIO TOWER-SO AND SO HAS PICS OF A MONSTER RUNNING AROUND UP THERE"-OK CHUCK ADAMS-WILL DO-RIGHT AWAY MR. CLUB OWNER-WIPE THE BOOZE FROM YOUR CHIN AND STOP LICKING YOUR LIPS

-YOU LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE 170-180" CLASS DEER-ALL THE 14 AND 18 POINTERS (YOU KNOW IT SOUNDS JUST LIKE THE GUY IN SPORTS AUTHORITY OR WALMART A WEEK BEFORE OPENING DAY BUYING ARROWS- TELLING ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN ABOUT ALL THE BIG DEER HE SAW,MISSED,TOOK A BITE OF HIS SANDWICH,ETC)RUNNING AROUND ON THE PROPERTY-THE ONES THAT SO AND SO AND HIS BUDDY'S HAVE ALL THE PICTURES OF-"THEY SHOOT MONSTER DEER BACK THERE ALL THE TIME" SPEWS THE LUSH-(OF COURSE WE DIDN'T BELIVE THE BULLSHIT)-ALTHOUGH WE DID GET PLENTY OF PICS OF REAL GOOD DEER-ALL AT NIGHT-NONE OF WHICH WAS BIGGER THAN 140- STILL ENOUGH OF A REASON TO STICK IT OUT

- YOU LIKE TO HEAR "WE OWN ALL THIS-2000 ACS. PLUS-WE ARE GONNA HAVE CORN HERE,WE ARE GOING TO PUT IN WATERING HOLES HERE-FOOD PLOTS HERE,BLAHH,BLAHH,BLAHH"-SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT IS 2000 ACS.-"MR. CLUB OWNER WHERE ARE THE PROPERTY LINES"-WE ASK-"WHAT PROPERTY LINES-GO WHEREVER YOU WANT-IT'S ALL OURS"-BULLSHIT-POSTED SIGNS BY THE SAND MINE-POSTED SIGNS ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE FARMS-RAN ACROSS AN OLDER COUPLE AT THE GATE BY THE RR TRACKS-SCRATCHING THERE HEADS-NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY THERE WAS A LOCKED GATE-THEY OWN A 25 AC FLAG LOT UP THE DIRT ROAD -AND THEN RECENTLY READ IN NEWSDAY ABOUT THE COUNTY BUYING A LARGE (100 + AC) CHUNK FROM ONE OF THE FARMER'S TO PRESERVE AS PARKLAND??? 2000 ACS.?? YOU DON'T SAY EHH JACKASS

-YOU LIKE TO GET TO A LOCKED GATE AND BEGIN TO FUMBLE WITH THE LOCK-YOU TURN IT TO THE COMBINATION THAT MR. CLUB OWNER GAVE YOU ONLY TO HAVE IT NOT OPEN-SO YOU TRY AGAIN-NOPE-"MR. CLUB OWNER WHAT THE HELL"-"OH WE CHANGE THE COMBO ALL THE TIME"-GREAT- THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP -JERKOFF

-YOU LIKE TO SCOUT ALL WINTER AND SPRING,HANG AND CHECK YOUR CAMERAS AND THEN SPEND TIME HANGING STANDS- ALL SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN HUNT FROM YOUR STANDS-"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO" SAYS MR. CLUB OWNER "I CAN'T TELL THEM NOT TO"?????? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME

-YOU LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT THE SMALL PARCEL THAT "JUST YOU TWO GUYS WILL BE HUNTING"-THAT WORKED OUT GREAT LAST YEAR-JUST TWO OF US-KILLED DEER-PLENTY OF PICS-THEN WENT TO HANG STANDS IN THE SUMMER FOR THIS PAST SEASON AND WAS CONFRONTED BY THE GUY WHO HOLDS THE LEASE FOR THE PROPERTY-"WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE DOING? HE SAYS-MR. HUNTING CLUB IS FULL OF SHIT- HE HAS NO RIGHTS ON THIS PROPERTY AT ALL-HE NEVER HELD THE LEASE" AS THE GUY WAS PUTTING HIS POSTED SIGN ON A TREE THAT WE PLANNED TO HUNT FROM-"MR. CLUB OWNER WHAT THE HELL" WE SAY- "UMM, AHH,UHH,IT WAS A SLOW YEAR-A LOT OF GUYS ARE HURTING-WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY-I'M A DRUNKEN SCOTCH SOAKED FOOL,BLAHH,BLAHH,BLAHH"-HE SAYS

-YOU GET ACCESS TO A PRIVATE PARCEL "90 ACS.-FROM HERE-1500 FT THAT WAY BY 1500 FT THAT WAY-ALL THE WAY TO SUNRISE HWY"-SAYS THE DRUNK BETWEEN BURPS OF SCOTCH-THEN YOU FIND OUT THAT IN REALITY IT IS PUBLIC LAND (THAT DOES NOT ALLOW HUNTING) AND THAT THE PRIVATE PARCEL IS PROBABLY ONLY ABOUT 10 ACS- 8 ACS OF THAT IS THE HOUSES AND LAWNS AND BLACKTOP

-YOU LIKE TO HEAR "DON'T WORRY I AM GOING TO PUT JUST YOU TWO GUYS ON A SMALL ESTATE OUT IN SOUTHAMPTON-16 ACS. FOR THE BOTH OF YOU-NOBODY ELSE"-OF COURSE IT NEVER HAPPENS-EXCUSES,EXCUSES,EXCUSES

-YOU LIKE TO HEAR "LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT SCRAPE " HE SLURS AS YOU TAKE YOU FIRST QUICK TOUR OF THE "PRIVATE CLUB PROPERTY"- "BUT MR. CLUB OWNER THAT IS FROM TURKEYS SCRATCHING FOR FOOD-IT'S NOT A SCRAPE" WE SAY-" BLUH BLAH BLAH' HE MUMBLES INCOHERENTLY???

-YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING LIKE "SO AND SO SHOOTS A 150" OR BETTER DEER FROM THIS STAND EVERY YEAR"-YEAH YOU KNOW -THE STAND ON THE EDGE OF THE FIELD-7 FEET OFF THE GROUND-IN THE WIDE OPEN-WITH EVERY LIMB IN A 20 YD. RADIUS HACKED APART-TOTALLY BELIEVABLE :rolleyes:

-YOU LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT THE "SMALL PRIVATE PARCEL YOU WILL BE HUNTING WITH AN OUTFITTER FREIND OF MINE" DURING THE RUT-OF COURSE IT NEVER MATERIALIZES

-IF ALL OF THE ABOVE IS YOUR CUP OF TEA-THEN BY ALL MEANS PISS YOUR MONEY AWAY

THIS GUY IS AN ABSOLUTE PUTZ-I AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE EVERY 1/2 HOUR PHONE CALLS TO START-ALMOST TIME TO PAY THIS YEARS DUES

SOMETHING USUALLY HAPPENS TO GUYS LIKE HIM WHEN THEY CROSS THE WRONG PERSON-SOMEONE IS EVENTUALLY GOING TO PULL HIS CARD-MAYBE HE CAN CALL JIMMY GOOMBOTZ AND JOE PESCE'S COUSIN VITO-AND THE REST OF HIS "I WANNA BE A GINDOLOON" PAISAN BUDDY'S AND SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL THE KID WHO IS LIVING ON SUPPORT FROM CLUB MEMEBERS AT THE CLUBHOUSE-"WHAT'S AMATTER WITH YOU -YA STUTTERING PRIC YA"

I COULD GO ON FOR HOURS ,BUT I WASTED ENOUGH TIME ON THIS IDIOT AND HIS CLUB (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WHO MAY ENJOY THIS TYPE OF STUFF) :wacko::crazy:

Edited by Bucktooth Earl
  • Like 2

That was great. I too fell for it one year with high expectations from all the lies. I mainly wanted it for shotgun. Best was I took a nice buck on a private farm in the hamptons that I bowhunted( a friends) the same year I joined the club. Stopped by the club with the deer and wondered why Mr Club owner wanted a pic. Well that same year I got a call from a friend of mine who was at an outdoor show and told me my pic with the deer I shot was in the Pheasant Run booth. I laughed as my buddy approached Mr. Club owner and said " that deer wasnt shot on your property thats my friend he took that on a farm in the hamptons" at that point Mr Club owner whispered Shhhhh and smiled. Made me wonder where all the bucks in the clubhouse photos have been taken.

I joined for 2 seasons, I understand the issue with alot hunters and not enough land. I am really not a big deer hunter , I hunt 95% rabbit. I really liked the properties upstate, and the one on hubbard was nice too,I really never seen any drinking going on, but was really tough setting up a hunt either due to other hunters hunting before me or myself not having the time when there were openings. The calling first was kind of tough, but those were the rules, which I agreed to before joining,live and learn I guess

Truth be told, I actually liked Bob,and still do.It is his business and that is how he wants to run it. Wish was not so much money to join, as I think if was less expensive people would not have high expectations. Anyway, i belong to 3 other clubs,which do not require phone calls first, and there are plenty state lands, if you do your homework, life goes on.

• 2 months later...

Wow. Spoiled and cheap is no way to go through life. I have been a club member for the last three years and just rejoined again this year. I have taken plenty of nice deers in that time frame. I love that you guys dont like bob because he talks up his club. WHO CARES. I barely see bob or any other hunters for that matter because I am in my stand hunting, not hanging around the club house for a lunch break or setting my stands on top of the corn field. If you guys spent as much time scouting as you did bitching maybe you would have had a little more success. Maybe you would have been happy if bob chained the deer to a tree 12 yards from your stand. I could have helped you track it if by if some miricale you hit the poor thing. As far as having to call the club the night before your hunt, who cares. It takes a minute to leave a message. And during the up coming rut have fun waiting in line at the dec check station to get your placard. I hope your spot is still open. I will have already been in my stand for at least a hour letting them come to me. Im glad you bitter, angry cry babies left the club, I would have hated to share my stand or knowlage of the properties with any of you so called "hunters" Warm up your climbers and have fun letting the dec run your hunts this year.

Wow. Spoiled and cheap is no way to go through life. I have been a club member for the last three years and just rejoined again this year. I have taken plenty of nice deers in that time frame. I love that you guys dont like bob because he talks up his club. WHO CARES. I barely see bob or any other hunters for that matter because I am in my stand hunting, not hanging around the club house for a lunch break or setting my stands on top of the corn field. If you guys spent as much time scouting as you did bitching maybe you would have had a little more success. Maybe you would have been happy if bob chained the deer to a tree 12 yards from your stand. I could have helped you track it if by if some miricale you hit the poor thing. As far as having to call the club the night before your hunt, who cares. It takes a minute to leave a message. And during the up coming rut have fun waiting in line at the dec check station to get your placard. I hope your spot is still open. I will have already been in my stand for at least a hour letting them come to me. Im glad you bitter, angry cry babies left the club, I would have hated to share my stand or knowlage of the properties with any of you so called "hunters" Warm up your climbers and have fun letting the dec run your hunts this year.

i would let it go... you know NOT what any one individual put into his hunt, scouting or anything in between. No one wants a deer chained to a tree so erase that from your head but land that is actually leased by PR would be a good start. your all trespassing on private property NOT legally leased by PR. Why dont you just ask about the women who lives in Florida who has attorneys involved in stopping individuals such as your self from trespassing illegally...

So I guess everyone else is wrong and your right? You come on the site with one post and disrespect everyone that posted in this thread. Seems pretty fishy to me.

Here is my second post. The only thing fishy is your reaction. My post is not nearly as disrespectful as bucktooth earl, but you seem to agree with him so that makes it o.k. I have had none of the problems stated by others in this forum. That may not fit your agenda but sometimes the truth hurts.

For the past 3 years. Im in the woods 30-40 times a year between Oct. and Dec. Never had a property owner pull a gun on me, never had a old lady from florida sue me, rarely see another hunter and have shot, tracked and dragged out plenty of deer with no problams. Weird, I guess Im just lucky. Just telling it the way I see it. Good luck fellas.

Here is my second post. The only thing fishy is your reaction. My post is not nearly as disrespectful as bucktooth earl, but you seem to agree with him so that makes it o.k. I have had none of the problems stated by others in this forum. That may not fit your agenda but sometimes the truth hurts.

I have no agenda, never been nor will ever go to this guys place. If it works for you that's great, but you come on the site and rip apart people for giving their opinion... And its not like its just one guy, its multiple people stating their experiences with this place. Seems like your the one with the agenda.

Now I understand. We can accuse people of criminal activity, make disparaging remarks about Italians, label people as drunks, attack the disabilities of family members but we can't question someone's hunting abilities. Now I got it.

Look, do what works for you... I personally know ive put a ton of time into that place my first year at PR and had nothing but polish mushroom pickers running around the woods, kids and adults on dirt bikes and quads ripping through the woods who claim Bob has no authority to enforce them to stay off, guys baiting in there left and right, tree stands from fellow members who find your stand and decide its a good spot to hang theirs 50 yards from you. So listen do not come in here parading nonsense about all these EX Members being cheap cry babies... you have your own feeling about PR which seem to be positive and lets leave it at that. I welcome you to the site and hope you enjoy meeting others here who share the same passion as you. If you can not let the PR drama go then dont post. your entitled to your opinion which is dually noted BTW, however please do not hop all over the fellow members here about an opinion they are all also entitled too.

like i said i hope you enjoy the site but we wont put up with bashing members on this forum, thank you