Plot update

So I went up to camp today to check on my plot. Last week it was looking a little sad with just radish and clover. I added some winter rye and more clover and it looks to be filling in nicely. Has anyone ever don’t daikon before how long does it take to get a noticeable tuber? 95f50a53e81dead6962fcbdfda604900.jpga218ff2626ff7390f10e0b57c0f42216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Having a similar issue with a brassica radish mix plot. Patches of good growth and bare spots. Considering the small seed I'm thinking they got to deep. So next weekend I guess hit a few spots with some jazz & a rake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I plant daikons every year. Tubers should start around the 1 month mark or so. I planted Mine on the 5th of August and I expect tubers to start really forming in another week or so. 
Looks like your stuff is filling in nice. Another few weeks and it’s gonna look even better. 

Thanks that’s good to know. I got mine in on the 8th so I’m only a few days behind you. I have to say that plot is loaded with deer prints already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Give it about 30-45 days youll start seeing small tubers(that dont really look like tubers yet) but as cool weather sets in they will get bigger. Radish plants grow fast. Faster than my PTT and other bulbs. But it seems tubers all grow best after the 45+ day mark 

• Like 1

one thing I have found is that my plots (Brassica and Turnips) do better when I cut back on my seeding rates...   It allows the plant to grow better as they are not competing as much for space..  The tubers get bigger as well...

• Like 1