My super cheap trail markers

3 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I find this works well. 

Honestly most of my stands are a 30-40 yards in, and I go,in as it’s getting light .

CDF4CFE2-B76B-461C-A6DB-E16FA9B24562.jpeg

i do this inthe spring to roost trees for turkey. go in mid day kick all the leaves out nice quiet walk in the dark to 20 yards from where they roost, works well during youth hunt as kids just dont watch their step..  as for deer in the fall the trails are mowed with brush hog and i get about the same result.

Ya it’s like walking on carpet with your slippers on, if you’re the type to wear slippers ....

That goes to my best stand for deer , numbers wise, a big ladder in a triple tree, that’s so my daughter can find it without me guiding her ( we go in the dark OD .)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ya it’s like walking on carpet with your slippers on, if you’re the type to wear slippers ....

That goes to my best stand for deer , numbers wise, a big ladder in a triple tree, that’s so my daughter can find it without me guiding her ( we go in the dark OD .)

hard to keep it like that when leaves are falling....