Obama's Gun Control Begins

VJ - the Blue Helmets aren't here yet, so there's nothing to really worry about.  ::P  Right?

Besides, the President is extremely well educated (he even told us so  ;) ) and he said his Gun Control will be "... common sense measures [and they will] improve American safety and security while fully respecting [our] Second Amendment rights,"

See - he's being logical.  ;D 

He KNOWS current gun control laws lack 'common sense'.  And he KNOWS congress probably won't be able to follow his outstanding knowledge of what is needed in this area, so why would he want to bother them with a trivial task like gun control? 

Isn't it admirable that he's just gonna' take it upon himself to address this issue and make America more safe and secure?  >:(

Actually, the Blue Helmets are here.  Bill Clinton, using a presidential executive order (sound familiar), signed over the US National Park system to the United Nations in the late 90's.  There are numerous posts out there showing entrance signs to various park entrances with an added block - "International Biosphere Reserve".  As a result, when you visit "our" US National Parks, you are no longer on sovereign territory.  Need any other reason to vote Republican?

Not a Ron Paul fan, but here is a link that shows some of the places that are now part of the UN based on all that:

http://www.dailypaul.com/84439/who-owns-yellowstone-national-park-you-may-be-surprised

WTF? 

And I'm a veteran, why.....???????    This country is slowly imploding.  I think T.S. Eliot said it best, 'This is the way the world ends, not with a bang... but a whimper.'

Not a Ron Paul fan, but here is a link that shows some of the places that are now part of the UN based on all that:

http://www.dailypaul.com/84439/who-owns-yellowstone-national-park-you-may-be-surprised

Reading that made me feel sick to my stomach. What is this country coming to? This gov't is giving every thing away and now our National Parks. Maybe they will give the states away too. But I would bet we still pay for everything.

Dave

All right Im calling BS.

This is so far off the deep end its not funny WTF.

"Individual Biosphere Reserves remain under the jurisdiction of the countries in which they are situated. Some countries have enacted legislation specifically to establish Biosphere Reserves, while in other countries they simultaneously include areas protected under other systems (such as national parks or nature reserves) and other internationally recognized sites (such as World Heritage sites).

There are presently more than 525 biosphere reserves in 105 countries. Of these, 47 units are in the united states, of which 30 are manged by the National Park Service."

http://usparks.about.com/blparkbiosphere.htm

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/naturescience/mab.htm

Come on boys do a little research and don't drink too much Kool-aid.

You make a good point..I had to do a little digging because I only vaguely remember the food fight over this in Congress in the late '90s.  Here's a quote from an old article from that time that addresses the core issue:

"The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) then (1995) published the  "Global Biodiversity Assessment,"an 1140-page instruction book for the  implementation of the 18-page treaty. Page  993  of this massive document  clearly states that "The Wildlands Project" is "central" to the  implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity. The Wildlands  Project, written by Dr. Reed Noss (with grants from The Nature  Conservancy and the Audubon Society), seeks to set aside "at least" 50  percent of North America as "core wilderness areas," off-limits to human  beings, and then "manage" most of the rest of the land as "buffer zones"  around the core areas."

I'm not sure what makes me feel worse - the idea that the UN has mandate over US soil, or that we (the US taxpayer) are helping them do it through the US Park Service.

Here's the article..it's an old post but matches what I remember from the news at the time:  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=5399

The UN does not have mandate over US soil.  They make recommendations, that's it.

And even if that's true (and maybe it is and maybe it isn't), why should the UN have any involvement in what takes place on our soil? I am not in favor of this idea of "one world government" that we seem to be heading for. I'm not really in love with most of the countries that make up the UN. They are a bit too much on the pinko side to suit me. I don't want them having even a "recommendation" role in anything that we own or do. So even if that is true, it still is bad news.

Let's forget about the UN until it needs to be addressed.  Right now, it's Obama that is working against us with the Mexican gun running conspiracy.  The UN would love to control guns worldwide as well, and they are making attempts to do it.  But as long as we keep Congress informed of our objections to it, they shouldn't let it happen.

I just hope the Congress can wake up the morons in this country who don't think Obama was running guns into Mexico, getting people killed, and planning to blame it on so called "lax" gun laws in the US.  He knows attempting more gun control in the US is political suicide.  But if the public were to believe a huge threat existed because of so called "lax" gun laws, they may allow more restrictions that will do nothing but affect us!  The Democrats still want to attack your gun rights as much as possible, but getting re-elected is more important to them than taking your guns. They need more public support to do it and this was the plan to get that support.  This administration is the most unlawful this country has ever seen.  But I don't find it surprising the majority of the electorate doesn't see it.  That's a whole nother discussion.

It's not really about controlling crime folks, it's about power and controlling the people.