Go to stands

nodeerhere

i bought my property 12 years ago now! So I have a go to stand on my property. I've killed out of it every year. I was starting to worry it was going to let me down this year. But I took a doe out of it this past weekend! So it still hasn't let me down. Anyone else have one of these stands on there property? 

• Like 1

I do over 30 years I have killed or could have. I use to take the spent shells and hang them on the branches. Think at one point i counted 17 .  Then they all disappeared.  Following  year I found out the neighbors and grandkids were up there berry picking  and cleaned up all my shells.:aggressive:I use to call it my brennecki tree.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

We have a lease now for the 5th year and have a stand like that.  

It was actually an afterthought on our first year there.  I was trying to set up some stands for gun season and get a couple of buddies lined up.  So got two stands up for them in spots along trails they could see great on. And didn't have a place for myself. So threw up a 9ft stand without one ladder section last minute out of the way in the middle of property......and yup I had a buck down by 8:30.  Lol. (One buddy shot and missed a huge buck though)

Thus it was named the opener stand. 

Then next year I missed a doe on opening day same stand. 

Next year put my buddies son there opening day and he saw a buck but too far to shoot. 

This year saw 6 deer there opening day and last Thursday a buddy took a doe and missed the buck behind it. 

And it's one lone little tree on the back end of a pond.  After learning the land better realized it's one of the only ways to get across the entire property without swimming so it's a great spot. Lol.

And ..... I plan on being there sat morn. 

• Like 2

When I hunted my cousins property I had a oak tree bordering a couple acre pine patch on a ridge that was a pinch point between two large tracts. I shot my best buck ever from that tree in my climber. And I can’t tell you how many times I doubled opening day of gun season in that tree. 

First year  on our new lease and I think we have a killing tree all ready picked out. We will see in the next few seasons if I am right. 

30 years ago , I started hunting “ my spot “ ,no clue ,hung my first tree stand , no idea why I chose that tree . Killed my first bow deer out of it first year , and many since turned out to,be great spot.

No stand there today ,but my daughters stand another awesome spot is close by , can kill,deer out of her Stand year after year .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1