Trapper wanted.

Skillet

I'm looking for a serious trapper in the Naples area.  We own 34 acres, and I'd like to get somebody on there trapping.  Lot's of fox and coon.  I'll show you around, and you could start trapping right after deer season.  Free.  Just want a responsible and serious trapper.  Please email me if interested.  First come, first served.  Only looking for one person.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Skillet-

This is a rather strange request. I have heard of trappers asking for places to trap but have never seen that reversed where the landowner was looking for trappers. Do you have some kind of animal control problem that you are trying to get fixed? Do you trap the land yourself? Looking for a trapping partner?

You need them in there before deer season if want the problem solved. When the ground freezes and the snow gets deep, most trappers will be into water trapping. Also most coon will go into hibernation by that time of the year.

Let them trap until gun opens. They won't bother the archery hunting a bit.

See my avatar? That is from a killer Livingston/Ontario County trapper. He sent me the pic from his phone just before he dropped the hammer.

You know, seems like the more you trap them, the more show up! Trail cameras prove that!

Also, the guys that run them with dogs can be your friend. Although 30 some acres isn't much of a tract for running dogs it'd good for them to know they are welcome to hit it.

Good luck.................