Question About Propane

DirtTime

I could have either asked this in the small game hunting section or here, so I am plopping it here.

I am going tomorrow for some bushy tail hunting, and I plan to do some cooking while out there. I can't have a fire where I'm headed, so I have to use my single burner propane stove. Been a long time since I used propane in the winter or real cold temps, and back then the tanks would sit most of the day outside near our camp.

Should I put the small propane tank in my truck tonight to get it acclimated to the cold, or just pack it up in the morning with the rest of my gear?

Edited by Rob...
spelling

30 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Won’t matter, my propane tanks for my heater and stove for ice fishing get no special treatment and never gave me any trouble throughout normal use. Only issue I ever had was -20+windchill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Never seemed to matter at all. Those little bottles have never let me down.

• Like 1

don't do anything special. it'll work just fine unless it's brutally cold. colder it is the slower the vaporization rate of the propane. if you try to turn it up it won't do much good and likely just snuff out the flame. has to be really cold though. you should be fine.

• Like 1