Doing my part to expand the hunting community

Elmo

Was able to convince my older brother and my girlfriend to take the hunter's safety education course this weekend.  He was always hesitant to go because he's dyslexic and embarassed about it.  I did a lot of "come on, he won't go unless you go" and "come on, she won't go unless you go" back talking.  Oh...sneaky me.  They both came out of the class really excited about it and both scored 100%.

My brother wanted his oldest daughter to take the course too but she had her SAT prep class to go to and I offered to drive her since her dad will be at the hunter's safety education course.  While waiting for her at her class, I realized the Queen's Archery range was only 5 minutes away so I went.  First time on a bow.  Fun stuff.  First picture was my best 4 shot grouping from 10 yards out.  When I picked up my niece from her class, I took her there as well.  She kept talking about wanting to try archery ever since she read "The Hunger Games".  She fell in love with it as well.  Second picture was her best 4 shots from 5 yards out.  I think I'll buy her a recurve for X-Mas.  She likes the way they look and understands they're harder to shoot.

That's three possible future hunters in one weekend of work.  ;D

post-1898-131455465735_thumb.jpg

post-1898-131455465753_thumb.jpg