Video? Anyone going to try to video their hunting?

burmjohn

Years ago I video taped all my hunts. I actually made a 2hr feature film from all of it. It took hours of work but was worth it. Probably the last 8 years I haven't taken the camera in the woods. Partly because it's tough filming a by yourself but things have changed and I'm looking to be a bit more stealth out there. lol The real reason I will go back to filming this year is my Father inlaw who has hunted with me for the last 25 years was just admitted to a nursing home. He had a stroke at the age of 50, it slowed him down but we were able to get him out in the field every year. This will be the first that he isn't with me on the 6 hr drive up, he would tell the same stories over and over again about hunting Indian lake with his brothers. We laughed the whole way. I'm thinking I'll bring the hunt to him. I'll get a recorder that mounts on the bow and take it from there. It will be nice to show him.

I am going to give it a try this year. I would have liked to get a new HD cam this year, but I have my choice between that or a new bow. Im getting a new bow lol. I have an older D8 cam that Ill be using. I am going to look at a camera arm, but will probably just make a nice aluminum one myself.

My brother and i will be filming all season.  We are using two cameras the sony fx7 for main footage and the canon hf200 for second angle.  We use the muddy arm and i am going to be picking up a 3rd arm mini  xl for second angles and for when i am by myself.  I CANT WAIT for OCT 1st lol.

John

My brother and i will be filming all season.  We are using two cameras the sony fx7 for main footage and the canon hf200 for second angle.  We use the muddy arm and i am going to be picking up a 3rd arm mini  xl for second angles and for when i am by myself.  I CANT WAIT for OCT 1st lol.

John

im with you john! Oct 1st cant come soon enough lol