Lack of bees?

On 5/26/2019 at 3:12 PM, left field said:

My cabin neighbour keeps a dozen hives on the roof of his cabin. Since he’s in the deep woods and has no water they come to my ponds, flowers and clover. Haven’t seen many yet but expect them to show up soon. 

We have a good deal - I cut the grass in front of his property and he gives me a few litres of honey each year.

Fletch, if you have that many trees you may want to start a small hive. Doesn’t seem that expensive or difficult.  

Honey bees use dew from the grasses, this time of year. Might be why you haven't noticed many at the pond yet. Honey bees visit bodies of water more often, during dryer times of the year

On 5/25/2019 at 6:13 AM, crappyice said:

Trump did it..

My buddy keeps bees in Columbia and Westchester County. I know nothing about bees but I do know that this very educated (and smart) very successful person is baffled by bee colonies every year. So many variables that seem to impact their hives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baffled such a strong word, LOL.  They do continue teaching a beekeeper; if he's willing ti leaRN.

Its probably been said, but plant or overseed a nice clover blend in and around these trees if possible. If you cant get a hold of hives. Ive been planting fruit trees the last 3 years and trying to incorporate clovers as much as possible. Keeps my plot maintenance down too since i don have the time to spend these days, like years prior.. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 8:06 AM, LET EM GROW said:

Its probably been said, but plant or overseed a nice clover blend in and around these trees if possible. If you cant get a hold of hives. Ive been planting fruit trees the last 3 years and trying to incorporate clovers as much as possible. Keeps my plot maintenance down too since i don have the time to spend these days, like years prior.. 

I have lots of clover and dandelions, I am not a regular participant of the striped lawn club lol. I even have wild strawberries pop up in the lawn.

• Like 1

On the subject of bees ,I've been eating 2 tablespoons of local raw honey this spring to try and keep allergies in check instead of using medicine.

I tried that a while back, but it’s a hoax. It’s not the same pollen. At least not for me. I have bad allergies April and May tree pollen only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk