Clover plot invader!?

So camp was great I fixed my atv ignition (shockingly), which allowed me to get a bunch done but while checking my new clover plot which I seeded a much ago, I found more then I expected. Any idea what this is anyone? Im thinking about starting over and tilling the plot. I will pull the thistle with a shovel it's only a half acre plot but I dont know what this plant is and if I should keep it or kill it off. 

Screenshot_2019-05-26-14-34-19.png

Screenshot_2019-05-27-19-50-01.png

Japanese Knotwood is a real pain to get rid of.  Do not cut it as the cuttings will sprout (thats why it spreads along waterways as people throw it into a stream and the folks downstream have it start to grow on their banks). Also if it matures it will take many applications if not years to get rid of. Make your roundup concentration really strong. For a small area like you seem to have paint the leaves an branches almost full strength (No run off just paint it will a paint brush). It will die back but will probably come back in Sept.   

I use the herbicide Banvel (dicambia)  and it takes a few years to kill it.  Some people actually inject the stalks with 2-3mls and it really works.(no run off and there is no drift onto wanted crops) Careful ....dicambia works but you have to handle it with care using really good technique and use protective gear.     

Get rid of it ASAP.

BernieZ

• Like 1