Tree ID

doebuck1234

31 minutes ago, Paula said:

Not a good shaded one, cut it up!  Lol 

That may happen!if look at branches on third pic it looks like a mold or fungas of some sort.trying to figure out what type of tree/what the white is so i can treat it.if not,its comin down!

Hard to tell for sure from photos looks like a kind of dogwood. Possibly a flowering type. Would be my Best guess off of leaves only cant see trunk well enough for better I'd, if you had flowers early spring it would most likely be a dogwood.

9 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Hard to tell for sure from photos looks like a kind of dogwood. Possibly a flowering type. Would be my Best guess off of leaves only cant see trunk well enough for better I'd, if you had flowers early spring it would most likely be a dogwood.

20190722_175412.jpg

20190722_175419.jpg

11 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Stringy stuff at ends of branches?  looks like you either have witch hazel or osage orange a photo of stringy stuff would help.Screenshot_20190722-174806_PlantSnap.jpg.22c8a1f77d46da91a25f11b870471340.jpgwitch hazel Screenshot_20190722-174834_PlantSnap.jpg.10f9ea7102d8ab8a74274f77d82717df.jpgosage orange ( will leave large green fruit )

No stingy crap hanging from it right now.only fresh buds.i remember seeing it when we were looking into purchasing the home back in mid april 

20190722_180211.jpg

Well seeing your hand in photo for.leeave size you have what I believe is a magnolia tree, possibly a cucumber magnolia  fruit should turn  red ..  I am definitely not.more than 80 percent sure on this one, ornamental trees in yards are not something I usually run into in my woods..  there are many varieties of magnolia trees and this would be my best guess.. 

Edited by G-Man

1 hour ago, doebuck1234 said:

Ok.will keep an eye on everything to see what happens.familiar with the white crap on the branches in third pic(topic starting post)?

Lichen doesn't really affect tree if it bothers you can remove with mix of bleach and water. There due to shade and moisture.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G-Man said:

Lichen doesn't really affect tree if it bothers you can remove with mix of bleach and water. There due to shade and moisture.. 

Ok.just wanted to make sure it isnt going to go from tree to tree and create a problem.will let you know what happens with new buds.Thanks!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, doebuck1234 said:

Ok.will keep an eye on everything to see what happens.familiar with the white crap on the branches in third pic(topic starting post)?

The white stuff looks like scale. Scale comes in many different forms. Use horticultural oil or insecticidal soap to kill it. 

• Like 1