Goldenrod

Doc

I just found out how well goldenrod can trip off a trailcam when the wind is blowing. 44 pictures and only two that were actually triggered by deer ..... lol. I guess I have to go down and move that camera :-[ . Too bad, it looked like a real good trail and that was the only tree in the area for fastening on the camera. Oh well ..... live and learn.

Weeds and branched you will learn need to be clear or the wind will kill you.  The flash and IR also bounces off clutter so it's always good to get that stuff out of the way.  The key is do it with a brack or something so you don't leave to much human scent or you will usually only get one pic of each deer from that point they will avoid the setup

well at least its the digital camera age...i learned the hard way with 35 mm film cams...they worked great but it was a tough lesson all the pics of nothingness and lots of money on developing..... still have 4 or so around..will let them go cheap...  :)

ive had a camera with a defect before... took over 3k pics all taken in the same day. took the cam home set it up in a room with nothing in it and had 3k pics again. the camera would just take pics every few second uncontrollably...