Tree Stand Plans / Pictures

burmjohn

I just got some material together to make a ground blind. I am going to lash together some bamboo garden stakes and cover it with some camo material that I got at Wal-mart. Once I get that done, I am planning on brushing it in with some local stuff, cut some windows and I'll leave it for the summer for the deer to get used to. I'll try to remember to post pics when I finish it.

A good suggestion I read on another site was to put a black plastic bag inside the blind, above the top, so that the deer might get used to some movement inside. I don't know if it will work, but it sounds good in theory....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use a lot fo ground blinds and use a 50 ft piece of 1/4 inch rope abd a package of cloth pins . I just tie the rope around 3 or four trees and then get out my package of burlap camo material and hang it on the rope. I also then use plastic ties for natural branches to brush the blind in. Since this is on my own land I do this in Spet and leave it in place thru both the bow season and gun. I also have several of the plastic lawn chair from walkmart that I leave at the stand location. I find this works a lot better and cheaper than the popup blinds.

Here's a tower stand that I made 3 years ago using the Elevator brackets. It's 16' tall to the platform and the platform is 6'x8'. I put up a pop up blind on top that fills the platform and is 90" tall. I secure it to the stand before hunting season and take it down after. Everything blends in so well, that it's hardly noticible with the blind up either. I thought about enclosing it, but being where it's located, I'm a little concerned about it being so big and top heavy, fearing it might blow over sometime.

I keep a Buddy propane heater inside and also have a propane burner. Sure is nice on the nasty weather days to be able to stay warm and dry! It's great for when the kids go with me too, so they can stretch out and nap, eat, move around, talk, stand to stretch, read, play Gameboys, etc... Helps keep them occupied on those slow days. Since the blind is 90" tall, its nice for me to be able to stand straight up to stretch and move around also.

post-748-13145531187_thumb.jpg

post-748-131455311892_thumb.jpg