DMP Plan thread

BIGTOM

Some people on this site get up set about the fuss over a measly $10 fee . But they miss the point the money isn't used to promote hunting or other hunting related activities. There is the problem.

Dave

Really? The money goes into the conservation fund, where it is used for Hunting related items, state land, etc. The problem with the conservation fund is if they didnt close that hole that would allow them to pull funds, but thats another topic.

Buck, you are always so quick to respond and contradict others opinions. First you say the money goes to the conservation fund and used for hunting related items, then you say they pull the money out . That is what we are saying, where is the problem. The money we hunters pay doesn't always go where it's intended.

Dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't see why any New Yorker wouldn't complain about ANY additional taxation no matter how small. I'm thinking the reason NYS finances and taxes are the way they are is because too many people think everything is a bargain. They actually welcome and encourage higher taxes and fees with their passive acceptance. For me there is not one increase in fees that I wouldn't fight no matter how small. Given the mentality of our tax and spend government, to do any different invites abuse and retards fiscal reform.

The reason I don't bitch about any of the extra hunting fees is because I don't believe that they are unreasonable yet.. given that gas has gone up over a dollar a gallon .. food prices have risen... my health insurance has risen by 50% in less than 18 months... those are the things more worth bitching about.. they are necessary to carry on day to day living.. Hunting and fishing are luxuries that I believe are cheap entertainment compared to everything else going on today and glady willing to pay the price. Hunting opportunities and bag limits have actually increased over the years as the cost got a bit higher... find another form of entertainment where that has happened...

Some people on this site get up set about the fuss over a measly $10 fee . But they miss the point the money isn't used to promote hunting or other hunting related activities. There is the problem.

Dave

Really? The money goes into the conservation fund, where it is used for Hunting related items, state land, etc. The problem with the conservation fund is if they didnt close that hole that would allow them to pull funds, but thats another topic.

Buck, you are always so quick to respond and contradict others opinions. First you say the money goes to the conservation fund and used for hunting related items, then you say they pull the money out . That is what we are saying, where is the problem. The money we hunters pay doesn't always go where it's intended.

Dave

Do I really have to spell it out for you? I never said what you just said I did. What I was referring to is the loophole that they just created a month or so ago in the conservation fund. Currently, as far as anyone knows or has been announced or reported on, they have not used any of the Conservation fund money to go into the general fund. You said that the money doesnt go toward hunting related things, when in fact, it does.

Get your facts straight and Ill stop correcting them.

Dave

Dave

Do I really have to spell it out for you? I never said what you just said I did. What I was referring to is the loophole that they just created a month or so ago in the conservation fund. Currently, as far as anyone knows or has been announced or reported on, they have not used any of the Conservation fund money to go into the general fund. You said that the money doesnt go toward hunting related things, when in fact, it does.

Like you always say prove it, show us where all the money spent on hunting licenses goes. List all the places the money goes and show the bottom line. Prove none of it is spent on things other than hunting related activities. I am sure you have the facts!!

Dave

Dave

Dave

Like you always say prove it, show us where all the money spent on hunting licenses goes. List all the places the money goes and show the bottom line. Prove none of it is spent on things other than hunting related activities. I am sure you have the facts!!

Dave

Are you kidding me? You are completely unaware of what Pittman Robertson is, where the funding goes and what it is allowed to be used for? I suggest you start reading here...

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,5079.0.html

Then continue with these...

http://wildlifelaw.unm.edu/fedbook/pract.html

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/FAWILD.HTML

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/pitmann.asp

Then read this...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54955.html

If you want to find out more, do some searching on the DEC website and Google.

here is the law http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$STF83$$@TXSTF083+&LIST=SEA19+&BROWSER=EXPLORER+&TOKEN=40665045+&TARGET=VIEW    These moneys, after appropriation by the 

legislature, and within the  amounts  set  forth  and  for  the  several

purposes  specified,  shall  be  available  to  the  department  of

environmental conservation for  the  care,  management,  protection  and

enlargement  of the fish, game and shell fish resources of the state and

for the promotion of public fishing and shooting.  In the  accomplishment

of these objects the moneys made available hereunder shall be devoted to

the  purchase  or  acquisition  of  lands, lands under water, waters, or

rights therein  as  required,  to  payment  for  personal  service,  for

maintenance  and  operation,  and  for  new  construction  and permanent

betterments, and to all other  proper  expenses  of  the  department  of

environmental  conservation in the administration and enforcement of the

provisions  of  articles  eleven  and  thirteen  of  the  environmental

conservation law. All  moneys, revenue and interest thereon received as a result of

the  issuance  and  sale  of  voluntary  outdoor  recreation  and  trail

maintenance  pins  and  patches  pursuant  to  section  11-0329  of  the

environmental conservation law, other than the amount  retained  by  the

issuing agent or officer, shall be deposited in a special account within

the  conservation  fund  to be known as the outdoor recreation and trail

maintenance account. All of such moneys, revenues and interest shall  be

available  to  the department of environmental conservation, pursuant to

appropriation, exclusively for outdoor  recreation,  trail  maintenance,

and  the  development  and  improvement  of  public  access  to  outdoor

recreation and trails.

still lots of loopholes...

Dave

Dave

Dave

Are you kidding me? You are completely unaware of what Pittman Robertson is, where the funding goes and what it is allowed to be used for? I suggest you start reading here...

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,5079.0.html

Then continue with these...

http://wildlifelaw.unm.edu/fedbook/pract.html

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/FAWILD.HTML

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/pitmann.asp

Then read this...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54955.html

If you want to find out more, do some searching on the DEC website and Google.

Uhhh.. yep.. those would definitely be the facts alright... but somehow I think it won't quiet the noise any... good job though WNY...  :)