Brush blind

BowmanMike

I finally made a little brush blind in my overgrown apple orchard,been meaning to for years. I should be able to sneak into it from the road within 5 mins of leaving my front door. It is in the bottom of a high valley,so mornings should be good there. 

Then i went to the other property i hunt and made one there in a staging area by a hay field in an oak grove. I have no pics of that one yet.

# from the ground maybe?

20190901_180529.jpg

20190901_180510.jpg

• Like 8

Looks great! Brush blinds are my #1 way to hunt. Find a good spot you know deer will be moving through, and gather up whatever is laying around. Got dozens of them scattered between two properties. In really good spots, I'll have more than one, for a changing wind direction.

IMG_20190902_110659.thumb.jpg.34160b1989e6427b07a3775a022d3c05.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Killed a few from here. Bow and gun. Saved and hunted only for when the rut heats up. Many times I've had deer standing just outside the blind. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Looks great! Brush blinds are my #1 way to hunt. Find a good spot you know deer will be moving through, and gather up whatever is laying around. Got dozens of them scattered between two properties. In really good spots, I'll have more than one, for a changing wind direction.

IMG_20190902_110659.thumb.jpg.34160b1989e6427b07a3775a022d3c05.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Killed a few from here. Bow and gun. Saved and hunted only for when the rut heats up. Many times I've had deer standing just outside the blind. 

Wow,you get serious about the sides of the blind. Mine looks very airy now...but i should be ok if i dont move much.

I would like to set up another by a friends old orchard,when the apples are abundant it is filthy with scrapes. There is no real good tree to set up in,so maybe a ground blind will be good.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Wow,you get serious about the sides of the blind. Mine looks very airy now...but i should be ok if i dont move much.

I would like to set up another by a friends old orchard,when the apples are abundant it is filthy with scrapes. There is no real good tree to set up in,so maybe a ground blind will be good.

Not all my blinds are this solid Mike, but most are. I've found that I can get away with more movement, if I need to shift positions for a shot. An important factor for consistent ground hunting. Also on long cold sits, I can move my feet and legs to stay comfortable, and not get noticed as much.

Your blind looks good! Hope you get one from it this year! Nothing beats being eye to eye with the deer on their level. I've found it to be much more exciting than being high above in a tree.