shooting stumps

sweet old bill

I shoot 3D and also just a large target in the yard. But for just fun I like to take the bow with a set of blunt tips on my hunting arrows and just walk the woods in Sept and just pick a stump, and see if I can hit it with the blunt. As I take my walk I am also doing my pre season scounting. ANy one do this type of get ready activity..

I do it quite often but only use Zwickey Judo points.  I don't know what your experience with them is but I wouldn't use anything else.  Judo points have been in my quiver for many, many years.  One arrow in my quiver always is loaded with one.  Typically I shoot a few Judo point tipped arrows as I mooch my way into a stand in the afternoon for a hunt.  Great practice.

they had a shoot on the TV of trad hunting pigs down in TX and after seeing them shoot I sure got the itch to shoot so off I went with my setup speical fiberglass shaft, that have 1916 alum full inch on the tips of the arrows with blunts. You can put then off of a brick wall and they just hit and drop. Not bend or broken. I walked for about a 1 1/2 hours and killed at a minumn 100 stumps, leaves and trees. I am getting to be a killer at under 15yards

I remember one of my bow course instructors mention you can use what ever target you have, I guess even a stump in this case, and take a few damaged arrows you saved then toss them within 20 or so yards of the target. Where they land is where you shoot from. I also like to practice from an elevated position. Landlord sort of put the kibosh on using the roof though.