Just wondering who is hunting out of state this year?

blkbearklr

Although I am currently stationed in Washignton state, will be moving up to NY hopefully next year I still plan on hunting out west alot. This year hunting Washington, Montana and Colorado for elk and mulies. And then some exotic hunting down in Texas.

Joe

Hey, welcome to New York in advance. I doubt you'll find New York hunting quite as exhilarating as any of the places your hunting this year, but we do have some good opportunities for big woods whitetail, and black bear.

To respond to your question I hunt will be hunting in PA and NY this year.

I'm leaving for Newfoundland for a moose hunt a week from today.

I'll be hunting NY and PA this year as always for deer, small game, waterfowl and turkeys.

I often go to Georgia in February to hunt wild hogs..That trip is a definite maybe.

I also hunt Ontario, Canada every spring for gobblers.

Good luck on your western hunts.

Going to iowa on a bow hunt for ten days in November. Taking my ten year old son to pa. on the mentor program during rifle season so he can hunt there. Got to take advantage of that been doing it since he was 7 years old. he loves it.

Going to iowa on a bow hunt for ten days in November. Taking my ten year old son to pa. on the mentor program during rifle season so he can hunt there. Got to take advantage of that been doing it since he was 7 years old. he loves it.

Sounds like a great upcoming season...Iowa is on the list to do in 3 years.

I'm leaving for Newfoundland for a moose hunt a week from today.

I'll be hunting NY and PA this year as always for deer, small game, waterfowl and turkeys.

I often go to Georgia in February to hunt wild hogs..That trip is a definite maybe.

I also hunt Ontario, Canada every spring for gobblers.

Good luck on your western hunts.

Good luck on the moose hunt, nothing better than a big bull coming into a call.

How is the turkey hunting in Canada?

Joe

Joe...

Southern Ontario has excellent turkey hunting. However there is not a lot of quality public land, so you need to make some connections to hunt private land. I have a friend who lives there and secures permission for him and me to hunt, but I think that it would not be too difficult to get access by going door to door and asking permission.

One issue concerning hunting turkeys in Ontario..In order to obtain a license you MUST first take an 8 hour training class..Doesn't matter how much previous experience you may have. That means taking the time and effort to learn when a course is scheduled, then going up and taking the course. If you don't have certification of successfully completing this training course, you will not be able to get a turkey license in Onatario.

I'm going on my annual Idaho Whitetail / Muledeer hunt in mid October. Great scenery and the hunting is outstanding! Spot and stalk, just can't bring myself to sit in a tree all week with those beautiful mountains all around. This is always a must be in shape hunt or you will be paying for it with sore legs and lungs after the first day.

Of course NY for bow, rifle & muzz. NJ and Ohio are also on the list to hunt with buddies. I'll have to pick up a part time job just to pay for all the licenses and tags.

Can't wait, the seasons are just around the corner.

Edited by catskillkid