TC Black Diamond

WNYBuckHunter

Does anyone have experience with Thomson Center Black Diamond MLs? I have someone offering me one in trade for a bow, but Im not sure if it would be worth it. TC does not make the gun any longer, and Ive read some mixed reviews. Just wondering if its worth the trade or should I sell the bow and put the cash toward a different ML?

I had a black diamind. A very solid gun. My only kick back was the tear down every time to be cleaned. If you shoot a lot, it can be time consuming. I guess I have been spoiled by break opens. But I do not think you will go wrong as long as the bore is in good shape.

• Like 1

nice gun. Mine preferred loose pyrodex rs 90 grains. Harvestor green crush rib sabot44 cal .430 240 grain hornady xtp hollow points. If you are going to scope it, I recommend thebreech cover to kep the scope clean, and keeps moisture ut of the breech. It basically coves the open part of the action.

I had a black diamind. A very solid gun. My only kick back was the tear down every time to be cleaned. If you shoot a lot, it can be time consuming. I guess I have been spoiled by break opens. But I do not think you will go wrong as long as the bore is in good shape.

I think anyone who has cleaned ML guns before, has been spoiled by the break opens. I know I have.

Oh, I almost forgot to ask, does anyplace sell smaller packs of bullets for these things? I want to start working up different load combos to pattern each, but dont need 20 or more of each type of bullet. I havent looked around alot yet, just checked the local Dick's store and the smallest packs they had were 20. What about powder too? I want to try some loose and some pellets (hoping it likes the pellets better) but dont want a big package of any of them until I figure out what it likes.

unfortunately not that I know of. And yeah it is mor eof a pain than any shotgun I ever cleaned. That is mostly due to it becoming much dirtier as well as tearing the bolt all apart and getting the nipple out is a pain. But I suspect you will learn this in the near future lol.

unfortunately not that I know of. And yeah it is mor eof a pain than any shotgun I ever cleaned. That is mostly due to it becoming much dirtier as well as tearing the bolt all apart and getting the nipple out is a pain. But I suspect you will learn this in the near future lol.

Ive already torn it down and cleaned it, it wasnt that bad. I tear all of my guns down once a year minimum anyway. I think it takes me longer to tear my 12ga autoloader down than it did to do the ML.

ok. I guess thena bolt will be the gun for you. Talk to me in a couple years. You asked opinions, from people who had experience with one. I gave my opinion. Now I am being told I am pretty much wrong. Good luck and happy hunting. After you shoot it and swab it between shots and have to tear it down after 3 or 4 shots because the bolt becomes very sticky and does not operate well, due to blow back, you will see what I mean.