209 Primers

DanD

I'm in the process of switching my CVA Accura V2 over to a Blackhorn209 setup with Barnes TMZ sabots. Ordered the breach plug, powder, etc. Noticed I'm about out of my 209 primers (been using CCI primers for a number of years mainly because that's what I found at the store). In your opinion, how much does the primer matter? Someone told me that CCI's burn really hot, but I'm never had an issue in my CVA or older TC Omega. Wasn't sure if it was worth trying to mix and match with the new powder or if I'm trying to tackle too many variables at once. 

some of the 209 muzzleloading primers like winchester 777, Remington Kleanbore, etc. supposedly burn relatively longer in duration but not as hot. CCI 209M (magnum) shotgun primers have a hotter and more intense burn to get through the flash channel of the breech plug and ignite the stuff consistently. that's the way this guy Don from the company explained to me way back when. funny thing is that was back 10 or so years ago. never could get my hands on it though around here so i didn't use it on a destination hunt at the time. nothing seems to have changed since then. other things he said was keeping flash channel cleaned out well from build up and primer fit to prevent blow back were both important. i picked some BH209 and CCI 209 shotshell primers for next year.