Enticement?

Lawdwaz

I've watched them clean up a lot of pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and cigarette butts that were on the ground... i've also seen them eat frozen fish left next to ice holes, and even a frog once.... A deer will and does eat everything.. as the farmers saying goes they are nothing but long legged rats!!

Let's face it ...... they are nothing but goats. They'll eat anything.

• Like 1

I've watched them clean up a lot of pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and cigarette butts that were on the ground... i've also seen them eat frozen fish left next to ice holes, and even a frog once.... A deer will and does eat everything.. as the farmers saying goes they are nothing but long legged rats!!

Maybe Ill have my dad start emptying his ashtrays out in the back of his property lol

And........?? You get any good pics or learn anything??

Here's a few videos that I posted last year. http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/1095-pt1-09-scrape-video/page__hl__%2Bscrape+%2Bvid__fromsearch__1

What I've learned?

1. Several bucks use the same scrape. I've gotten pics of 7 or 8 different bucks visiting the same scrape in a weeks time. Over the season, maybe 12-15 different bucks will visit it. They seem to come out of the woodwork! I have cams out year round and never seen most of these bucks.

2. Don't be fooled that just because a scrape doesn't appear to be fresh/active that it isn't visited. Many bucks (and does) will come in and smell and maybe urinate, then leave. They won't freshen or step in the scrape to leave tracks as evidence. If there's weeds or leaves around the scrape, you just might not see its tracks.

3. 99% of the scrape videos and pics that I have gotten over the past couple of years are at night. That doesn't discourage me too much, because I know i that it is a place with a lot of activity, so if the bucks are moving, it should be a good place to catch one. This particular scrape in the videos, is right on the edge of a thicket/bedding area.

4. Although I've always read that bucks make scrapes to advertise their presence to does, I will see 10x more buck visits than does. Does "may" stop for a sniff or to urinate, but a lot times will walk right on by without paying any attention to it.