2011 NYBBC Awards Banquet

Just returned home from the 2011 awards banquet. First of all, I would like to thank everyone that makes this possible. It must be a huge undertaking to plan and put on such an event. Thank you. The awards presentation was great. It most enjoyable to hear all the humor, and the stories, oh the stories, they were great. The MC did a wonderful job also. Now the trophys, oh those trophys. Never have I seen that amount in one building before. Alot of big deer harvested in 2009, 2010. Everyone was great. Now if you don't have the 16th edition of the Whitetail Record Book, get yourself one. It is the best by far. Beautiful color photos, and tons of stats.

There were also black bears there. Those full mounts sure looked real and were nicely done. The bears rugs were great. We don't get a chance to get that close to many bears on the west side of the state. I try to post some pictures today.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Glad everyone had a great time yesterday at the banquet... Pete it was nice meeting you... I've been Emceeing the dinner for 11 years now and I enjoy meeting the people and giving out the awards... sometimes its hard with the length of the program to keep things interesting, but we do our best to entertain as well as just hand out certificates.

I would say most of the WMU's were well represented. To me, it looks like the trend is growing towards larger racks in N.Y.S.. At least the ones I saw. Maybe attending the BBC awards, just makes it seem that way, don't know ? I'm sure Joe knows the answer. They say a picture holds a thousand words, well their are millions in that "Record Book." Really pumps up the old blood, a month to the day, when bow starts!

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 5 years later...