Wow....NYOut door news came today

growalot

so the guy with mental issues will be ok with a shotgun but not a handgun just because it can be concealed?  kind of hypocritical i would say to n twan thim to hav eone but is ok with the other.  just my opinion and I am entitled to have one even though I know you will not respond. well actually you will ciz you need to have the last word.  You told me I had no business commenting about somene I know nothing about and I was being foolish to comment. Well I think it is foolish to be glad a guy didnt get a prmit due to his mental illness but tell him to get a shotgun.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so the guy with mental issues will be ok with a shotgun but not a handgun just because it can be concealed?  kind of hypocritical i would say to n twan thim to hav eone but is ok with the other.  just my opinion and I am entitled to have one even though I know you will not respond. well actually you will ciz you need to have the last word.  You told me I had no business commenting about somene I know nothing about and I was being foolish to comment. Well I think it is foolish to be glad a guy didnt get a prmit due to his mental illness but tell him to get a shotgun.

Ok, let me spell it out for you, since you dont seem to be understanding what I am saying...

I dont feel comfortable with a mentally unstable individual being able to legally carry an easily concealable handgun. If he wants to own a shotgun that is large, bulky and cant be hidden under his shirt, then thats fine by me. Less of a chance of him bringing it with him, losing his cool and using it. Nothing hypocritical about it.

Now, if you wish to try and twist my comments some more, knock yourself out.  ::)

ok so an unstable peson would not lose it and kill people with a shotgun wheter it canbe concealed or not. Are you aware that a person with a mental illenss who has been hospitlized is disqualified from ownng a firearm? So you gave him advice to break the law.  good plan. I understand now.  thank you for clearing it up for me. In your own words you told him to get a shotgun then you describe his as mentally unstable at times in a message to me, and tell me how foolish I was to have an opinion about your statement about him not getting a permit.  I would say it is pretty foolish to tell a person who you in your less than professional opinion is unstable at times to get a shotgun.  I bet his family would sleep well with that in the house.

ok so an unstable peson would not lose it and kill people with a shotgun wheter it canbe concealed or not. Are you aware that a person with a mental illenss who has been hospitlized is disqualified from ownng a firearm? So you gave him advice to break the law.  good plan. I understand now.  thank you for clearing it up for me. In your own words you told him to get a shotgun then you describe his as mentally unstable at times in a message to me, and tell me how foolish I was to have an opinion about your statement about him not getting a permit.  I would say it is pretty foolish to tell a person who you in your less than professional opinion is unstable at times to get a shotgun.  I bet his family would sleep well with that in the house.

Did I ever say he was ever hospitalized for anything? Nope. So how did I advise him to break the law? Again, I never told him to buy a shotgun, just said that a pump shotgun would make a better gun for home protection than a pistol. You arent doing too good at twisting things around, might as well stop trying because you havent improved lol.

I know he can go buy a shotgun or rifle, Ive told him that he would have no problem getting one and even that if he really wanted to have home protection, a nice pump shotgun is the way to go

to me that pretty much says go get one.  That is a direct quote form page two of your posts on here.  I guess though I am not entitled to what my opinion is if it differs from yours

I know he can go buy a shotgun or rifle, Ive told him that he would have no problem getting one and even that if he really wanted to have home protection, a nice pump shotgun is the way to go

to me that pretty much says go get one.  That is a direct quote form page two of your posts on here.  I guess though I am not entitled to what my opinion is if it differs from yours

In no way does that say go get one. You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, but I am not going to sit by while you intentionally twist my words into another meaning.

in my opinion it tlls him to go get one. You say in a pm that no one who is on meds for an unstable mental condition should have a permit.  How about those who are on meds for seizures that alter mental status? should their permits be denied too? or how about diabetics aho can have problems and have an altered mental status usually aggressive.  Should they be denied too? I asked before but you sde steppe dit. come on in public forum give your pinion on who and who should not have a permit, even though it is guaranteed in the constitution. Oops I forgot you said you dont believe in that in a pm too. 

in my opinion it tlls him to go get one. You say in a pm that no one who is on meds for an unstable mental condition should have a permit.  How about those who are on meds for seizures that alter mental status? should their permits be denied too? or how about diabetics aho can have problems and have an altered mental status usually aggressive.  Should they be denied too? I asked before but you sde steppe dit. come on in public forum give your pinion on who and who should not have a permit, even though it is guaranteed in the constitution. Oops I forgot you said you dont believe in that in a pm too.

Yes, in a PM I said noone that is on meds for an unstable mental condition should have a pistol permit, and it mean exactly that. Ive said it before on the old forum, you arent uncovering anything about me. I never said i didnt believe in the constitution, you are a flat out liar.

To the original post just because there is information kept by the state does not mean it should be disclosed to the public.Again IMO.

I agree. I understand that the DEC will be assigning ID's to trappers which will undoubtedly result in another list. Is that list going to be showing up on some of the more militant animal rights sites? Those wackos are definitely more psycho that the anti gun freaks, but the anti-gunners have a few derailed people of their own too.

Is there nothing that the government accumulates that is safe from the Freedom of Information laws? How about individual census data. Is that up for public publishing too. I think not. So what makes pistol owners any less deserving of privacy? Certainly there must be some criteria that has to be met for this stuff to be part of public information.

Doc

please quote and stop avoiding I dont see it? you know diabetics and seizure disorder people  I am sure there are a few here who would like to see it including me

Right here....

so  the guy with mental issues will be ok with a shotgun but not a handgun  just because it can be concealed?  kind of hypocritical i would say to n  twan thim to hav eone but is ok with the other.  just my opinion and I  am entitled to have one even though I know you will not respond. well  actually you will ciz you need to have the last word.  You told me I had  no business commenting about somene I know nothing about and I was  being foolish to comment. Well I think it is foolish to be glad a guy  didnt get a prmit due to his mental illness but tell him to get a  shotgun.

Ok, let me spell it out for you, since you dont seem to be understanding what I am saying...

I  dont feel comfortable with a mentally unstable individual being able to  legally carry an easily concealable handgun. If he wants to own a  shotgun that is large, bulky and cant be hidden under his shirt, then  thats fine by me. Less of a chance of him bringing it with him, losing  his cool and using it. Nothing hypocritical about it.

Now, if you wish to try and twist my comments some more, knock yourself out.  ::)

Whether a mental instability is born in or medicated in makes no difference to me. Until that person is off of the medication that causes them to be mentally unstable, they should not be carrying around a gun. PERIOD. My opinion. Thank you for playing.

so you are sying he can say one thing in a pm and pretend to be different on the forum?

I see now how Empire Hunting failed and those same tendencies have carried over here.....

I believe you can construct an argument without violating what is typically a social ettiquette, no more, no less.

Have at it. I will again sit on the sidelines.....

so then wny you wont answer upright? you said carry a gun period I am simply giving you a chance to clarify both points as I see it diabetics and seizure disorder people are lumped in with people with mental illness and none should carry a gun period.  Not hard to see through it and see who you voted for in 2010. IMHO he is a troll for the anti side.