Another hunting knife

I just bought this off Ebay, a vintage Schrade. It needs a good sharpening but I like the size of it.
14e0aaf55faa846f2f2c4be9e18ec66a.jpg&key=aa8af1b3c3a416556bc320a0e6d1374383ee53a63f54907d74bccf4699103d7e

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s an awesome knife. I always wanted a vintage one just like it. The blade is perfect for gutting in my opinion. Good luck with it.

Lots of them available on EBay. Just be careful you are getting real vintage and USA made and not a Chinese knockoff.  I bought another one just like it, but obviously a knockoff.  It is very very sharp, but I’m not sure how the blade will hold up under use.  

23 minutes ago, Dr Juice said:

That’s an awesome knife. I always wanted a vintage one just like it. The blade is perfect for gutting in my opinion. Good luck with it.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, dbHunterNY said:

Have a newer one but from what I heard it seems they're not the same knife anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have this Schrade also. Older version, really great and versatile.

Edited by Kmartinson

I have a Gil Hibben drop point with Micarta handle. Great knife, but I only wish it had a gut hook. What is your favorite knife and why?
Between the two Benchmade? I carry the Osborne and use it a lot more for everyday stuff. It seems to keep sharp. The altitude I prefer for field dressing game hands down. It's just easier. I hunted in KY mountains and did the gutless method boning my dads whole buck out right there. No complaints at all. I will say it being stripped with just the spine and little triangles for scales it's not that comfortable to process a couple deer. S90v blade on the Altitude holds an edge though. Edc my favorite is the Osborne and for Field hunting knife it's the Altitude.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk