NZ opener

wdswtr

Theres no post on opening bow in NZ? All I can report is it was too damn hot sitting in a treestand today. I like being warm but damn 80 degrees. Its time to let go summer and let fall take over. I seen zero and I mean zero deer today. Lots of turkeys however and tree rats. Sure hope it cools of soon and I dont mean the 60's they are calling for.

It was a a joke to call that a fall day lol. Still pushed 80 here today so I put the bow away and put on waders grabbed the flyrod and salmon fished all day. 30 salmon sure beats the heck out of your shoulders and arms lol it was fun but not as fun as bowhunting.

Too hot and toooooo wet out there! Can't seem to get a break

this week from the mosquitoes and the rain. Been out 3 times

since Tuesday opener, saw 3 deer, 1 yote and a fox tues afternoon, then yesterday aft had 2 does wind me but they had no visual on me so they paced around behind me just blowing, ended up getting the draw on one of them 35 yards behind me & the bi### ducked the arrow on her way outta there! oh well hopefully the weather improves for the aft today. Good luck all!

I got out Friday night, it was hot and VERY buggy but the thermacell did its job. I saw another hunter who came in to my set up so I moved, worked out because I saw a doe and fawn and a funky antelope like 4 point in my next set up. I was on the ground and they came from the direction I wasn't expecting, ofcourse, so no shot. Next time I will move over just a bit around a blow down and if they follow the same plan I will be good. Not bad for no scouting in this spot this year, lol Now I have to wait for the rain to stop, hopefully tomorow night will be better.