Anyone ever try to test one of your cams?

crs740

I have several cameras and have had Moultrie D55 since last year, it appears to work pretty well, but its seems there should always be more pics on it than I get. So, I put out a Primos Truth 35 (which has a great trigger speed) in the same spot as the D55. I was able to get 142 pics on the Primos, only taking 1 shot at a time, and 120 or so pics from the D55 taking 2 pics at a time. The biggest kicker was that the Primos caught a 4.5 yr old 8 point I'm after at 6 am and the D55 missed him completely, it caught the smaller 9 point though. The deer was positioned in front of both cameras for a few minutes. if I had not had the Primos out there I would be hunting some where else on Saturday morning.

I have been very happy with the primos ( i have 3 others) and am now a little leary about the Moultrie. Anybody else ever try this?

I havn't done what you did but I bought a couple of Moultrie GameSpy I-35 cameras . I have only used one so far . I have it set for 3 pics per trip > I left it out for less than a week and got over 1400 pics . Some of it is just leaves blowing . It is too sensitive ! I had to clear out over 1300 pics of junk . Very time consuming .

yes i done it with wildgame innovations and a cuddieback.. th e cuddie got 4x as many pics. slower cameras need to be set up in feeding areas so the target is in front of the camera longer. the faster ones make better trail type cameras but never place any camera at a 90 degree angle across trail!

both my moultries are on the fritz. IR one has been at moultrie for 3 weeks. they said it would be back in my hand for opening day.. Flash d-40 is only waking up when it feels like it. Every time i think i got it fixed, i set it up, get great pics of my face 10 inches from the lens, and then the next time i check it, its off. Really wanted to buy the m-100 but feeling a bit weary about this manufacturer right now.

I got the M-100 from Moultrie this summer. I had it out for 10 days before the LCD screen stopped working and the camera froze up. I sent it back to moultrie and it took 6 weeks to get it back. Their customer service is terrible. I called and complained pretty much every week until they finally took care of it. It takes great pictures. I have had a WGI camera out at the same time and it has worked wonderfully. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the Cuddeback.

I run several sets with more than one unit aiming at the same backround and yes they all come back with different results.

One set was a commercial Bushnell Trophy cam running against a Covert CA3.0 with both cams set to take 3 shot bursts at the same 10 second interval. For that time period the Bushnell returned over 300 pictures while the Covert didn't get to 200. A doe was eating some mushrooms in 2 Trophy cam pics while the CA3.0 missed it entirely.

Also have set homebrews together with the Panasonic FX48 grabbing more than 2X what the Sony S600 gets. I also have run a Trophy cam against a homebrew P41 with the TCam getting 3X more pics but the homebrew coming in with much higher quality.

I have a Moultrie I60 that works pretty good, but the LCD screen died and trying to get ahold of their customer service now-days is next to impossible. I sent 3 emails to them only to get a response that I should call the number and sit on hold. I was looking at getting one or two more of their cams this year, but Ill spend a few extra bucks and buy Bushnells, as they get great ratings. I wouldnt mind trying a Cuddeback as well, they are just more spendy.

Thanks for responses boys. Glad I'm not the only one. Glad one of the cameras did get a pick of the buck because he walked in front of me at 16 yards on Sunday and I let him have it. I will post picks tonight.

congrats; gotta be great taking a target buck. I have yet to do that; nice going! :good: Edited by skyhunter

i have the d55.I dont like it.have had fresh deer tracks in front of it and no pics.It also just shut off on me one time and no pics for a week.with good bateries.

I just bought a wildview from wallmart for 37.00 on sale.It shut of on me two different times.I set it and then came back by it an hr later.It snapped a pic so i came back a week later and it didn't take a picture.so i checked it and it was off.Last pic was of me that last time.That sucks cause its on a heavy deer trail in my back yard.Pisses me off cause i wanna know what it is traveling those trails and what times.thats why i bought it.

Bottom line.you get what you pay for.

wow I have had great luck with my Moultrie D55IR

there was a recall on some models reguarding the LCD screens & if you have an older D55 there is a free download upgrade for the trigger speed setting of 15 seconds from 30

I do know Primos is having a lot of problems I think due to heat. summertime temps bother them

I will never buy a wildgame innovations product ever again