Introduction to Bow Hunting

Salmon_Run

Last Valentine's Day I proudly gave my wife a "Diamond" bow and she has practiced since. Last week we took a short "shake down" walk through the wood to test equipment and gain some woods time..

Well, Sunday we went hunting on a small plot of public land in our area. After a slow stalk into the wooded area that look like a prime feeding and bedding area we set up on the ground and began to watch the sunrise.

Very shortly after that I observed a large doe and small buck walking directly at us. I watch as the shock, surprise and wonderment came upon my wife's face. I was only a few yards away and watched as she readied herself for a possible shot and studied the closest doe.

Unfortunately the doe turned away within 40 yards, was behind some dense brush and a shot never developed. But the excitement of a close encounter with that deer and my wife's reaction were priceless. She said after she could feel her heart thumping in her chest and was so excited.

She can't wait to try again and it didn't result in a harvest but it will always be a great hunting memory......

Kelly................best of luck in your furure hunts !!!

post-1240-0-12339100-1319473602_thumb.jp

post-1240-0-47101400-1319473850_thumb.jp

After thirty some years of hunting my heart still feels like it is ready to blow out of my chest.when a buck or a doe walks by ..on another note my wife is a bambi lover so when I walk back into the house I have to change hats ...good for you your wife enjoys being in the woods and the experience of hunting.